Mouse jittering in-game

Dagur

So i recently started experiencing that my mouse would not go smooth when i moved it. This happens in all my games but it only recently started occuring. I have a logitech G402, completely updated with the software and a steelseries mousepad. I have tried the mouse on different surfaces and no result. The mouse is completely normal on desktop use, but when i start a game it goes weird.

Unplug and plug it back in.

20 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

What DPI setting do you have it on?

The logitech program allows me to change the DPI to whatever i want, but i use 560 DPI right now

25 minutes ago, Dagur said:

[ ... snip ... ]

Almostbouws suggested unplugging then reattaching in the mouse, this may work, but, in my experiences, there is possibly a tiny bit of lint (or other type of debris) blocking the sensor.

Small bit of alcohol (of the cleaning, not imbibing, variety) and a microfiber cloth over the underside should clear that up.

Just now, Norseman4 said:

Almostbouws suggested unplugging then reattaching in the mouse, this may work, but, in my experiences, there is possibly a tiny bit of lint (or other type of debris) blocking the sensor.

Small bit of alcohol (of the cleaning, not imbibing, variety) and a microfiber cloth over the underside should clear that up.

Thats cant be the problem because it only happens in video games, perfectly fine on the desktop

Just now, Dagur said:

Thats cant be the problem because it only happens in video games, perfectly fine on the desktop

When this happened to me, it always seemed to start jittering in the only game I regularly play, SkyrimSE. Some percussive maintenance at the time (picking it up, then with mild force, re-acquainting it with the mousepad) would temporarily fix it.  Some days later, it would start happening, to a lesser extent in photoshop, then shortly afterwards Win10 in general.

Again, though, this is only my experience, not saying that is the cause of your issue. (If nothing else, assuming that it's a light use of alcohol, a light cleaning wouldn't hurt.)