Asus ROG Strix - B350-F

Your Impressions/Review on Asus ROG's B350-F 

1. Is it capable for Overclocking!? (Or only happens with the X-series)

2. Dose it come with an onboard WiFi card or internal WiFi card adaptor is required to be purchase!? 

3. Can it hold a 1070 Ti (AMP edition) Horizontally!? 

4. Or what the best affordable B-Series Motherboard? 

Thank you.

Its good for 4cores and OK for 6 cores.

dont recommend for 8 cores.

No wifi/bt onboard

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, and it's been going strong.

1. I have my R5 1600 clocked at 3.8 and my TridentZ 16GB clocked at 3200, it's been holding that steady for two weeks 24/7 through gaming when I'm home and mining while I'm at work.

2. It does not have onboard Wifi.  You'd need either a PCI based Wifi card or a USB wifi adapter.

3. That depends more on your case than anything else.  I'm using a Gigabyte 1060 and it's not sagging.

4. When I got the board, it was $100 plus a $20 mail in rebate.  This seemed to be the best bang-for-the-buck B350 board I could find.

15 hours ago, dave_k said:

Its good for 4cores and OK for 6 cores.

dont recommend for 8 cores.

No wifi/bt onboard

So Ryzen 5 1600 (6Core) should do fine then.

And by BT You mean no onboard Bluetooth too!? God... An ethernet connection would solve the WiFi problem. And now the a Bluetooth dongle too. I guess I'm getting for what I'm paying so... I should be cool with it and stay clam. 

15 hours ago, csanders said:

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, and it's been going strong.

1. I have my R5 1600 clocked at 3.8 and my TridentZ 16GB clocked at 3200, it's been holding that steady for two weeks 24/7 through gaming when I'm home and mining while I'm at work.

2. It does not have onboard Wifi.  You'd need either a PCI based Wifi card or a USB wifi adapter.

3. That depends more on your case than anything else.  I'm using a Gigabyte 1060 and it's not sagging.

4. When I got the board, it was $100 plus a $20 mail in rebate.  This seemed to be the best bang-for-the-buck B350 board I could find.

Okay so capable off overclocking. 

No WiFi got it. 

I'm to get a NZXT S340 Elite. (What's your cabinet?)

Just now, Chuck03 said:

Okay so capable off overclocking. 

No WiFi got it. 

I'm to get a NZXT S340 Elite. (What's your cabinet?)

NZXT S340 non-elite.  There's plenty of room for all but the biggest cards in there.  I've got about 3 inches between the end of my 1060 (dual fan) and the edge of my AIO's fan.  My only hesitation would be trying to squeeze in a really big card plus a Res for a custom water loop.

6 minutes ago, csanders said:

NZXT S340 non-elite.  There's plenty of room for all but the biggest cards in there.  I've got about 3 inches between the end of my 1060 (dual fan) and the edge of my AIO's fan.  My only hesitation would be trying to squeeze in a really big card plus a Res for a custom water loop.

And zotac's 1070 Ti is 300mm long card. But s-Elie can fit upto 334mm length of Video card so.. 

9 hours ago, Chuck03 said:

Can it hold a 1070 Ti (AMP edition) Horizontally!? 

If you dont already have the card, dont buy it.

AMP cards have stupidly big coolers and usually worse VRMs or even thermals at all.

I'd get Strix version

5 hours ago, dave_k said:

If you dont already have the card, dont buy it.

AMP cards have stupidly big coolers and usually worse VRMs or even thermals at all.

I'd get Strix version

Yeah, I had the same thought in my head like now that I'm to get a Strix's Motherboard (B350-F) why not get a Strix Video card too, but then there just stupidly overpriced.!! And at the time I speak off Rog's products my friend is all like yelling saying you don't need to get that fancy as of now just buy some decent and budget based product like for motherboard get a Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 and for Video card get a Zotac Mini 1070.! :P 

1 minute ago, Chuck03 said:

Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3

that one is a big piece of shit

8 minutes ago, dave_k said:

that one is a big piece of shit

okay, so for an entire level AMD socket motherboard you saying Strix B350-F's the best.!!  

6 minutes ago, Chuck03 said:

okay, so for an entire level AMD socket motherboard you saying Strix B350-F's the best.!!  

MSI Carbon and Krait are "good" too, although i'd skip all of these and buy Prime X370 Pro