CyberPowerPC Odd Noise on Startup

Hello everyone, I am quite new here but I an issue, and I have no idea what is going wrong with it.

Forgive me for going prebuilt, Parents would not let me build myself or even get someone local to me to build it for about $20 CAD (I'm only 15 :P.)

Anyways, I got this PC from CyberpowerPC at Bestbuy back in the end of July, and for the first few weeks it worked just fine other then a cable that came loose in transit here to Canada. After a month or so of use, it started to gain this noise on startup (Video Below), And ever since it has slowly been getting louder. It only happens when the PC is starting up, and it starts to quite down a bit after the PC has been on for several minutes, But the noise does not fully go away until I shake the case a little bit. I lived with it until September until I went to get help.

I have brought the issue up with Cyberpower and they shipped me a fan, I then replaced the fan I thought was making the noise and the PC still makes the noise. I contacted them again a couple days ago and said that it helped nothing and I did not feel like replacing the other 3 fans in the case with the one they sent me until I found the one that was bad, So now they are sending me a CPU Cooler and 3 more fans, since they are lead to believe it is one of them. I brought it too the Cyberpower forums too, and one member had the same issue and it was the CPU cooler and they said to push down just enough on the fan so it stopped spinning on startup and see if it made the noise, and it still did. Anyways, this is where I am now. In case anyone wants to know, The model of the PC is the CyberpowerPC GXI10200INC (GXI10200A On some sites not in Canada).

Video Is Here

Also, I am new  to this forum and I think this would be the right spot to post this, But move it if needed.

Thank you.

• 8 months later...

I've had the same exact issue. Were you ever able to fix it?

Just now, Tal Minks said:

I've had the same exact issue. Were you ever able to fix it?

Yep, more then likely its your fans starting to go bad since they are cheaply made. You can press down with a finger on the fan bearings until it stops spinning, and the noise should stop (Unless you have more then one bad, but it should go more quite in that case). You can contact Cyberpower for fan replacements and they send them for free. I've replaced 3 fans so far though, and they are starting to go bad again so if you don't want to change them out every few months and you don't want to contact cyberpower every time your better off buying some better fans off newegg, etc..

You might need to replace the fans/get new fans. It's a common problem to most prebuilts that are "Budget" focused.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital