[HP LAPTOP] Dedicated GPU Drivers uninstalling every boot

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum.

I bought an HP laptop (HP 15-ac622nl) one and a half years ago, I never used it so much.

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Core i7 6500U
  • 8GB Ram
  • AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB
  • Hitachi 1TB HDD (I've replaced it with a Samsung 850 Evo 512Gb SSD)
  • Windows 10

Since two months I've been using it more and I noticed that every time I reboot the pc the AMD settings don't start at startup and if I try to start them manually it shows me an error message:

"No AMD Graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware".

Also if I go in device manager and look at the gpu drivers they have been downgraded to the version "15.201.1101.0".
If I start a game, such as Rainbow Six Siege, the game runs on the CPU integrated graphics rather than the dedicated GPU.

If I reinstall the latest driver the computer works fine with the dedicated GPU (games work as well), until the next boot.

I tried to do a fresh install of the OS, but nothing is changed.

What do you guys think the problem is? Can it be a factory problem or something else?

Cattura.PNG

Probably windows automated driver updates enabled, you need disable automatic driver updates for it not to overwrite the drivers it thinks are latest.

If your version can use Group Policy Editor then open gpedit.msc and go to "Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update" and toggle on "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates".

15.201.1101.0 drivers might need removing from your windows install, ie. removing it from Driver Store.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730875(v=ws.11).aspx

"Game" : Work in Progress
"Work" : Threadripper 3970X | Gigabyte TRX40 Designare | 128GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB | Custom Loop | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC
Dell R710 NAS : 2 x X5660 Xeon | 96GB DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | 6 x 16TB Seagate Exos X16 | Dual 1TB Kingston NVMe as Cache | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Proxmox 

HP ML350P : 2 x Xeon E5 4650 | 128Gb DDR3 ECC | Intel X520-T2 Dual 10GbE NIC | Quadro K6000 | 8 x Samsung SM1625 800Gb SSD | 240Gb Intel D3-S4610 Boot | Dual 1TB Samsung 970 Pro | IBM M1015 flashed IT-mode | Dual 750W PSU

2 hours ago, SlowMixit said:

Probably windows automated driver updates enabled, you need disable automatic driver updates for it not to overwrite the drivers it thinks are latest.

If your version can use Group Policy Editor then open gpedit.msc and go to "Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update" and toggle on "Do not include drivers with Windows Updates".

15.201.1101.0 drivers might need removing from your windows install, ie. removing it from Driver Store.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730875(v=ws.11).aspx

Thank you for your reply, I'll try and see if it works

My MSI laptop did this with repeatedly. I ended up having to do a fresh windows install to fix it. That may be drastic but it worked.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.