Setup help

I know ive posted alot to day its a productive day but I just need some advice on my setup and what I should upgrade im 14 so dont go crazy im not rich but just some advice on what I should do to make my setup look alot better because I feel it looks bad

IMG_0533.JPG

When you mean upgrade you mean the specs right?
Fill us in on the deets,bro

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

2 minutes ago, PerfectPlasma said:

When you mean upgrade you mean the specs right?
Fill us in on the deets,bro

well i upgraded the specs last year i got my 1060 but still got a i7 2600 but im fine with that im talking about the setup itself the desk headphones monitor or basically anything that you think can help my setup or make it look better.

New monitor if the budget allows, maybe some LED light strips behind the desk. Move that coaster off to one of the back sides of the desk, it seems kind of awkward sitting out there in the middle. The cables coming out of the PC could really use some sleeving or tubing so that you just see one large black cable rather than all those cables tied together.

I would also recomend moving the monitor back a little, almost so that it's under the shelf.

Just now, Septimus said:

I would also recomend moving the monitor back a little, almost so that it's under the shelf.

i can get some led strips and i planned 100% already on getting a cable sleeve for the cables I already zipptied 90% of cables under my desk and sorry about the coaster dont like my desk getting dirty ill move it but the monitor is very small tbh i can see that well if its that far because its only 21.5 inch i can move it back a bit but not that far.

4 minutes ago, FrozenLava said:

well i upgraded the specs last year i got my 1060 but still got a i7 2600 but im fine with that im talking about the setup itself the desk headphones monitor or basically anything that you think can help my setup or make it look better.

Here's a video that you can use to make some judgement on performance by Gamer's Nexus

And Kyle has one using the 6700k instead of the 7th gen

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

As for items around/on the desk, I see you have some figurines above the mouse pad. Move those either up on the shelf with the PC, or somewhere else on the desk. Have you seen the things like fake potted plants and salt lamps? Those make a pretty nice addition to any setup.

Just now, FrozenLava said:

i can get some led strips and i planned 100% already on getting a cable sleeve for the cables I already zipptied 90% of cables under my desk and sorry about the coaster dont like my desk getting dirty ill move it but the monitor is very small tbh i can see that well if its that far because its only 21.5 inch i can move it back a bit but not that far.

Yeah, small monitors are a struggle xD

Just now, Septimus said:

As for items around/on the desk, I see you have some figurines above the mouse pad. Move those either up on the shelf with the PC, or somewhere else on the desk. Have you seen the things like fake potted plants and salt lamps? Those make a pretty nice addition to any setup.

I have a salt lamp litterly 5 minutes ago broke the blub gotta go get a new one.

1 minute ago, Septimus said:

i was going to move the poster and get some acoustic foam panels to help sound to not leak outta my room would that look good?

i was going to move the poster and get some acoustic foam panels to help sound to not leak outta my room would that look good?

As long as you can adjust it after you place it on the wall,in case you make a mistake. But it shouldn't be a deal-breaker

1 minute ago, FrozenLava said:

Yeah, those posters seem rather close to the shelf from the perspective of the picture - I'd agree with your decision to move them a bit. Honestly, I would spend money on lighting long before I would spend money on foam panels. When you're buying foam panels, you probably have top of the line audio gear and you do professional work like podcasts (I am assuming you don't). I would instead save money to buy things like a new monitor and some nice lighting. Maybe consider a ceiling light fixture that projects light onto the poster, and some LEDs for behind the desk as mentioned earlier. Foam panels are one of the last things I would go for.

1080p 144hz monitors aren't too expensive, most are around $300 so that can help in the future If you plan to play at higher refresh rates.
1440p 144 hz on the otherhand is like $500 at the minimum Last time I checked.

2 minutes ago, Septimus said:

Yeah, those posters seem rather close to the shelf from the perspective of the picture - I'd agree with your decision to move them a bit. Honestly, I would spend money on lighting long before I would spend money on foam panels. When you're buying foam panels, you probably have top of the line audio gear and you do professional work like podcasts (I am assuming you don't). I would instead save money to buy things like a new monitor and some nice lighting. Maybe consider a ceiling light fixture that projects light onto the poster, and some LEDs for behind the desk as mentioned earlier. Foam panels are one of the last things I would go for.

well i got a xlr microphone and do some recording here and there but no streaming i was just gunna get them becasue sound leaks from my rooms easy so i really want to reduce that but yes i planned to get a monitor some light strips and cables sleeves and if possable some plants i guess 

Just now, PerfectPlasma said:

1080p 144hz monitors aren't too expensive, most are around $300 so that can help in the future If you plan to play at higher refresh rates.
1440p 144 hz on the otherhand is like $500 at the minimum Last time I checked.

i was gunna get 144hz on cyber monday but i frogot to buy it and now the cheapest one is like 180 and only 22inches.

Well i took some advice from what you guys told me and i moved some stuff around is this better? also were should my salt rock go

IMG_0534.JPG

i was gunna get 144hz on cyber monday but i frogot to buy it and now the cheapest one is like 180 and only 22inches.

FeelsBadMan 
If you're upgrading from 21.5, I'd say 27" is your best bet because after that it's usually ultrawides and those are hard on your Grapics card. Especially for 1060

1 minute ago, PerfectPlasma said:

FeelsBadMan 
If you're upgrading from 21.5, I'd say 27" is your best bet because after that it's usually ultrawides and those are hard on your Grapics card. Especially for 1060

see im like no money rn i got like 120$ for a new monitor max if u can find me a 27 inch i can but rn 24 is my max budget.

10 minutes ago, Septimus said:

did moving my stuff around help or naw

4 minutes ago, FrozenLava said:

Well i took some advice from what you guys told me and i moved some stuff around is this better? also were should my salt rock go

You could move those strips on the case onto the back of the monitor to make "mood lights" if you're not buying any more. They help when you game at night by keeping the brightness of the background about the same as the monitor so when you look away for a second your eyes spend less time on brightness and that helps with eye strain.

Just now, PerfectPlasma said:

You could move those strips on the case onto the back of the monitor to make "mood lights" if you're not buying any more. They help when you game at night by keeping the brightens of the background about the same as the monitor so when you look away for a second your eyes spend less time on brightness and that helps with eye strain.

alrighty give me a min ill do it

13 minutes ago, PerfectPlasma said:

You could move those strips on the case onto the back of the monitor to make "mood lights" if you're not buying any more. They help when you game at night by keeping the brightness of the background about the same as the monitor so when you look away for a second your eyes spend less time on brightness and that helps with eye strain.

alright set it behind my monitor to white is that good? or should it be another color

25 minutes ago, Septimus said:

yo were should my salt rock go you think?

That should be good. When night comes around try adjusting the brightness and color to see what feels the best for your eyes.

Linus has a FaP on it,as well.