Enough to play 1080P med to high setting?

My buddy decided he wants a pc so he bought a ryzen 3 1200 and all the other parts (the psw is 600w) but now he wants a gpu and he doesn't really have the money because he did not budget well so I was wondering I have a gtx 680 4gb laying aroung collecting dust would he be able to do some medium 1080p gaming on like medium or high settings on like league of legends csgo fortnite and other games that are not to demanding but do require a little power.

Yeah, he could totally do 1080p 60Hz gaming on that. It's near the 1050 Ti in performance, just a little bit better than it actually.

Overwatch: 70-100 fps

CS:GO: 120-150 fps

Estimates based on some collected data

since you already have the 680 so why don't you test it out

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Just now, themaniac said:

since you already have the 680 so why don't you test it out

great point except I just remodled my whole setup and I don't have a test bench its a pain  in the ass to move my pc to switch stuff.

1 minute ago, Septimus said:

Yeah, he could totally do 1080p 60Hz gaming on that. It's near the 1050 Ti in performance, just a little bit better than it actually.

really last generation it could barley keep up with a 960

Just now, FrozenLava said:

great point except I just remodled my whole setup and I don't have a test bench its a pain  in the ass to move my pc to switch stuff.

you could always just put it in your friends pc and try playing games on it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Just now, themaniac said:

you could always just put it in your friends pc and try playing games on it

oh well it was a x-mas present I just wanted to know if it was good enough.

4 minutes ago, Septimus said:

Overwatch: 70-100 fps

CS:GO: 120-150 fps

Estimates based on some collected data

that's perfect then he just got into pc gaming so he well be trying all the lite titles and free till he gets money so this should suffice until he can afford a 1060.

Just now, FrozenLava said:

that's perfect then he just got into pc gaming so he well be trying all the lite titles and free till he gets money so this should suffice until he can afford a 1060.

Cool beans. I'd advice him to just keep the 680 unless he needs more horsepower if/when he starts buying more intensive AAA games.

Just now, Septimus said:

Cool beans. I'd advice him to just keep the 680 unless he needs more horsepower if/when he starts buying more intensive AAA games.

Agreed if he wants to play like ark and the forest its gunna struggle and it will probs need to go down to low but he will be fine appreciate the help.