Console Hardware Mods

Is anyone else here a console modder?

I mean re-casing, LED, fan, adding a LCD or just absolute reforming of the console.

Got a old PS2 and a XB360 recently, so decided to have a bit of fun and see what would be fun to do.

For the XB360 I know I need to replace the stock cooling to avoid red RROD, but I am thinking a clear case and LED to  make it stand out. Might laser etch the case too.

The PS2 is still all up in the air since it is the original fat model.

Imagine the disappointment when your friends ask what it can run before realising that it is an XBOX 360 and all promptly exit through the window. 

Unique idea though so props for that :D

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

Just now, LLXIR said:

Oh wow, that actually sounds really cool, never heard and/or thought about doing this! I know it's off topic, but keep us updated if you'd please. The concept sounds really cool nonetheless.

A suggestion of mine: try putting it in a Dark Base 700 or something like that. Don't know if the mb from the XB is able to, but try connecting LEDs to it?

I am thinking on keeping the same style of case for the 360, but using a aftermarket color or 3D any external casing needed for extra mods.

The PS2, I plan to keep the original case and might do something with the logo. 

2 minutes ago, another random person said:

Imagine the disappointment when your friends ask what it can run before realising that it is an XBOX 360 and all promptly exit through the window. 

Unique idea though so props for that :D

Well Xbox one and Xbox 360... Hey wait come back! Its retro now!

I changed out the RF control module to one with red/blue led's on my 360, that's the closest to console modding I got xD 

Was about 14/15 when I did that, wanted to get a windowed case for it too, but being so young couldn't afford to do that :( 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

First part of this project is 60GB is too small now for a XB360 HDD, so I have acquired a 500gb slim internal HDD and will be moving it over to the casing of a 20GB to fit the older Xbox. The xbox 360 used a 2.5 hdd in a top mounted enclosure and the newer slim models used the same size but in a casing allowing for internal user instead.

• 4 weeks later...

Finish my first recent mod, I took a pink DS Lite and changed its shell to a clear shell. I will be adding lights that will be sound active next.

Pics once I am off work