Can't enter bios on Supermicro mobo

Hello, 

New build, although I tested this board (Supermicro X8DTN+) a year ago with older CPUs and the same ram successfully. For the life of me I can not enter the bios or get past the boot screen. Here's some background: After finishing this build a couple days ago, I tried booting it up to get welcomed to the American megatrends post screen being stuck/frozen on "Initializing USB controllers..." With no response from hitting Del on my keyboard. After researching online for people with similar issues, I unplugged everything, took the GPU out and used the onboard VGA, took out all but 1 stick of RAM, swapped out the new CPUs with the older ones confirmed to be working, plugged in a ps/2 keyboard and reset the CMOS (took out battery and jumped the reset CMOS contact pads) to get nowhere. I have a new screen though, I'm pretty sure it's just a bios flash screen from me resetting the CMOS, image of new screen attached. Keyboard still not working, just flashes num/caps/scroll lock lights once upon booting.

So I'm here. Looking for some help/guidance as this is taking a while troubleshooting to get nowhere.

Thanks for looking or helping with my problem.

15122593442464539725388023078930.jpg

No response from keyboard at all - flashes once very quickly while booting and doesn't respond to any key once booted.

58 minutes ago, Reese said:

No response from keyboard at all - flashes once very quickly while booting and doesn't respond to any key once booted.

try a new key board

Just now, penmaster33 said:

try a new key board

Tried multiple USB keyboards with all giving no response

56 minutes ago, Reese said:

Tried multiple USB keyboards with all giving no response

oh... is every thing in place correctly

7 minutes ago, penmaster33 said:

oh... is every thing in place correctly

Yup, tried multiple sticks of RAM and reseated the PSU connections with no change

57 minutes ago, Reese said:

Yup, tried multiple sticks of RAM and reseated the PSU connections with no change

any bent pins?

1 minute ago, penmaster33 said:

any bent pins?

Not that I can see

56 minutes ago, Reese said:

Not that I can see

maybe the bios isn't compatible with the cpu try checking if it is

It is, I used this same CPU last year and it worked perfectly but now, with the system built it won't...

I was going to suggest PS2 keyboard and CMOS  but you already tried that, I just built a NAS with a SM mobo, so I'm curious the see what the problem is... It has been sitting for a year, in what conditions?

@michelin_boi=much moto, very wow
need best cpu cooling? add 2 stroke oil (but no, really don't)
5 things newegg doesn't want you to know:

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

Here's another idea, if your case utilizes USB headers on the motherboard for usb portson OR a card reader on the case, try unplugging those cables from the motherboard.

@michelin_boi=much moto, very wow
need best cpu cooling? add 2 stroke oil (but no, really don't)
5 things newegg doesn't want you to know:

Spoiler
  1. wait
  2. for
  3. black
  4. friday
  5. sales

1 hour ago, michelin_boi said:

I was going to suggest PS2 keyboard and CMOS  but you already tried that, I just built a NAS with a SM mobo, so I'm curious the see what the problem is... It has been sitting for a year, in what conditions?

Sitting on a plastic bag which the board came in on a table - nothing really touched it & I dusted it with a can of air before I put the board in... Although, after modding the case I put the board in it's possible an aluminum shaving got on the board... Will remove the board and check for that when I get home...

1 hour ago, michelin_boi said:

Here's another idea, if your case utilizes USB headers on the motherboard for usb portson OR a card reader on the case, try unplugging those cables from the motherboard.

Unplugged all internal USB connections as well, to no avail... :/

• 2 weeks later...

Any help on this? Still trying to get this mobo working... Tried plugging in a boot drive with Windows on it with no success... Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Still am looking for an answer to this. Thanks.