Only getting 10.5 MH/s on 980ti

I recently started mining ETC with my pc to see if I could get in on the craze.  At first I tried claymores dual miner on windows 10, but I was only getting about 2 MH/s so I did some research and found that Windows 10 can often cause problems with mining.  I decided to make a partition on my SSD (that is also running windows) to run Ubuntu to hopefully bypass the problem.  This is the first time I have used linux before, but I'd say I'm kinda getting the hang of it now.  I downloaded the most recent nvidia drivers, but was not able to get the CUDA tool kit to install for the life of me (though it is my understanding that they aren't super necessary).  I managed to get claymore's dual miner working, but I am only getting about 10.5 MH/s which is quite low for a 980ti.  I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me troubleshoot the issue. xD

It could be the pool. I've read up on people getting around 19-20 MH/s back in 2016 but it could be it's just too difficult to get much better than that.

22 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

It could be the pool. I've read up on people getting around 19-20 MH/s back in 2016 but it could be it's just too difficult to get much better than that.

Hmm, does the difficulty effect the actual rate at which you mine?  I was always under the impression that your rate stays the same, but the difficulty effects how long it takes to find shares/blocks.  I also tried switching to a different pool as well as switching to ethereum instead of ETC and got the same hash rate.  If this is the case then why do so many people list their hash rates around the 28 MH/s range?  Definetely not an expert, but this is just what I have seen.  Is that just the benchmarked hash rate that people list and then the actual rates can differ?

1 minute ago, Jman said:

Hmm, does the difficulty effect the actual rate at which you mine?  I was always under the impression that your rate stays the same, but the difficulty effects how long it takes to find shares/blocks.  I also tried switching to a different pool as well as switching to ethereum instead of ETC and got the same hash rate.  If this is the case then why do so many people list their hash rates around the 28 MH/s range?  Definetely not an expert, but this is just what I have seen.  Is that just the benchmarked hash rate that people list and then the actual rates can differ?

Yeah, I just realized what I said is stupid and make no sense. Perhaps it could be something with the cooling of your GPU, what kind of temps are you getting?

Just now, RAM555789 said:

Yeah, I just realized what I said is stupid and make no sense. Perhaps it could be something with the cooling of your GPU, what kind of temps are you getting?

Lol no worries.  Claymore lists temps of 70 deg Celsius and fan speeds of around 30%

23 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Maybe try this guide.

I'm actually in the process of doing this haha.  Hopefully this works.  I'll update afterwards.  Thanks for the help btw xD