Cheapest option for a 6 monitor setup.

suchamoneypit

I have 6 eve online accounts. I have 3 monitors, 2 alike, 1 different. Im looking to setup a 3 wide 2 tall monitor setup using 1080p panels. 

Im going for as cheap as possible, i'm not really looking for crazy quality as im not doing any competitive or intense gameplay although I will be actively playing on 1 monitor. Looking online it seems getting 6 of these is $520, any cheaper options? Open to buying used. Anywhere that sells bulk used hardware?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Good deal!

If you want to save some money, you could consider going for 1680x1050 - At least for your secondary panels. You can get those used for 30 bucks or less. Especially if you convince a large local company, that they are basically waste and you're doing them a favor by taking them. Got some great stuff, but it takes a lot of time and feels a littly dirty :)

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

get some cheapo samsung TN's with terrible stands, rip those stands right off, and screw them onto a wooden board by the vesa mount (or get creative).

Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

Are you going to switch to AMD or get another video card? I believe AMD are the only ones that allows a 6 monitor setup off of one GPU, and with nVidia you would probably have to get another card to drive the remaining displays. Cause I think nVidia's maxoutput of monitors off of one GPU is 4. 

my board supports crossfire, no SLI, so im looking at a crossfire AMD setup to power this setup.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

my board supports crossfire, no SLI, so im looking at a crossfire AMD setup to power this setup.

if i recall (did this temporarily to troubleshoot a while ago) as long as your main card has the main display, anything you hook up to additional cards would be "performed" by the main card.

never did in-depth or recent testing on this however.