Repetitive installation paint damage

CrippledROBOT

My friend's case has been used for years now and over time, installing new hardware has resulted in some paint around the certain mounting areas being removed. 

Outside of purchasing an new case, what does the community recommend? I was thinking using a black permanent marker to cover the exposed metal. Im not sure if this will protect the now exposed metal though. Perhaps black nail polish?

Usually there's a certain amount of space on the motherboard itself around the mounting holes, so that you can't create a short by accident. I don't know how damaged this case is, but there shouldn't be a problem. Back in the day, we had washers made out of cardboard that were pretty standard that would be used (as insulators I guess). Those could come in handy.

Just now, sambarr said:

Usually there's a certain amount of space on the motherboard itself around the mounting holes, so that you can't create a short by accident. I don't know how damaged this case is, but there shouldn't be a problem. Back in the day, we had washers made out of cardboard that were pretty standard that would be used (as insulators I guess). Those could come in handy.

There are also some scratches on the side panels that we'd like to cover up. I'm not worried about causing a short either way though! :)

1 minute ago, CrippledROBOT said:

There are also some scratches on the side panels that we'd like to cover up. I'm not worried about causing a short either way though! :)

I'm sorry, I was in my little bubble, didn't fully read. I'm not very good at fixing older cases :)

Just now, sambarr said:

I'm sorry, I was in my little bubble, didn't fully read. I'm not very good at fixing older cases :)

No worries! Thanks for the input though!  :)