Making money for your Gaming PC

BisquTz

Hi all,

A while back Linus made a video on how to make money to go towards your sweet sweet gaming rig, ram-packed with that RGB for them extra frames by mowing lawns and selling lemonade, but with it being winter, and everyone hiring proper gardeners to do that for them now, what are your guys tips and tricks to earn a little extra dough for your PC's, leave a reply on what you have done or just anything you think may work, short of robbing a bank that is :D

Shoveling snow. (I'm being serious)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, BisquTz said:

Hi all,

A while back Linus made a video on how to make money to go towards your sweet sweet gaming rig, ram-packed with that RGB for them extra frames by mowing lawns and selling lemonade, but with it being winter, and everyone hiring proper gardeners to do that for them now, what are your guys tips and tricks to earn a little extra dough for your PC's, leave a reply on what you have done or just anything you think may work, short of robbing a bank that is :D

If you know IT, you can get a part time job in IT store and repair computers.

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Shoveling snow. (I'm being serious)

Canadian eh ?? here in the UK we don't get snow that often so that's not great for us, but I find that anything that pops up consistently is a good choice, I used to wash my neighbours cars for a little extra

3 minutes ago, Essence_of_Darkness said:

If you know IT, you can get a part time job in IT store and repair computers.

I actually work in IT but not the fun repairing and creating, I push buttons and fill in spreadsheets

4 minutes ago, BisquTz said:

Canadian eh ?? here in the UK we don't get snow that often so that's not great for us, but I find that anything that pops up consistently is a good choice, I used to wash my neighbours cars for a little extra

Not really, Iowa US. We still get plenty of the dandruff from that top hat .... lulz

Spoiler

image.png.310f65be6000b6c0101a9335f905391a.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, BisquTz said:

I actually work in IT but not the fun repairing and creating, I push buttons and fill in spreadsheets

Well, I made 14000 kn's (2000 EUR) in 5 months.

Just now, Essence_of_Darkness said:

Well, I made 14000 kn's (2000 EUR) in 5 months.

damn that's not too shabby, im an apprentice here so I make enough to pay for bills and eat, but the free time I get on weekends would be sweet for earning that extra dough

6 minutes ago, BisquTz said:

Hi all,

Are you sure that robbing a bank isn't an option? You could get a really good PC after that. So maybe you could take the dogs for the walk. Or try to buy used parts for cheap and sell them with profit.

1 minute ago, BisquTz said:

damn that's not too shabby, im an apprentice here so I make enough to pay for bills and eat, but the free time I get on weekends would be sweet for earning that extra dough

Well, I am in high school and my dad didn't want to pay for new computer so I had to get a job.

1 minute ago, nishe1 said:

Or try to buy used parts for cheap and sell them with profit.

I do that. I started with cheap ones. I find good deals and buy components, build the PCs and sell them anywhere between £50-£150 profit. Only depends on my negotiation skills, which I would say are quite good (see example)

And now I'm trying to get a business running with a friend in computer building.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

2 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

I do that. I started with cheap ones. I find good deals and buy components, build the PCs and sell them anywhere between £50-£150 profit. Only depends on my negotiation skills, which I would say are quite good (see example)

And now I'm trying to get a business running with a friend in computer building.

damn man,

where are you getting these deals ?

and btw if your looking for a third member you know where to find me ;)

Just now, BisquTz said:

damn man,

where are you getting these deals ?

and btw if your looking for a third member you know where to find me ;)

Forgot to mention, I do have a full time job that gets me now £1400/month. But when I started buying and selling I used to work in a cake factory for minimum wage, and I had to pay monthly the rent £280, car insurance £120, petrol @£100, food @£150 and others. (Wales)

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

2 minutes ago, r3loAded said:

I thought about it, but it have to be older parts. From what I've seen recently, they sell pre-built PCs in a very similar price that parts used. At least in Poland, I could buy e.g. Ryzen 5 1400 with GTX 1050ti, 1 TB HDD and 8GB RAM for about 480 pounds.

10 minutes ago, nishe1 said:

but it have to be older parts

I usually deal only with used parts. Ex. Bought 2 weeks ago an MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming for £220 - you cannot find GTX 980 Ti on eBay or Gumtree or facebook under £280. The value in my build will be £250, that I can be competitive in prices. Bought 17 x 128GB Sandisk Z400s SSDs brand new for £23/SSD, selling them for £35 in my build or the SSD alone. Yesterday I bought this: Corsair RM550, Asus Z87-K, Intel Core i7-4770K, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR3 RAM, Aftermarker air cooler and a corsair case for £244.

EDIT: I'm gonna slam that 980Ti, change the case, add an SSD and HDD, maybe an AIO as well and ask £700, with approximate profit of £100 before taxes.

The work I do now allows me to keep an eye close to eBay offers and snatch them :)

1 minute ago, r3loAded said:

I usually deal only with used parts. Ex. Bought 2 weeks ago an MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming for £220 - you cannot find GTX 980 Ti on eBay or Gumtree or facebook under £280. The value in my build will be £250, that I can be competitive in prices. Bought 17 x 128GB Sandisk Z400s SSDs brand new for £23/SSD, selling them for £35 in my build or the SSD alone. Yesterday I bought this: Corsair RM550, Asus Z87-K, Intel Core i7-4770K, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR3 RAM, Aftermarker air cooler and a corsair case for £244.

The work I do now allows me to keep an eye close to eBay offers and snatch them :)

Just checked ebay and couldn't find it for less than £300. You probably have to bid on some auctions to get better deals...

Well, I wish you the best with your new business. :)

2 minutes ago, nishe1 said:

Well, I wish you the best with your new business

Thank you. It's a long way to make it a business but hope to get there in a year or so. Until then still doing the full time job.

BTW this is out facebook page with some of our build and some of my own previous builds :)https://www.facebook.com/pc.redesign.team/ ;)