Could a smartphone with a VR headset be used to stream PC games to it?

Neon Lights

If I would put a smartphone in a VR headset and use e.g. the Moonlight app (game streaming app that uses Nvidia Shield game streaming function) to stream PC games to it, would that work? Or would I have to change something, taking out the lenses in the VR headset for example (I have never used a VR headset and don't know how it works)?

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Just be aware that, at least in my opinion phones are not great screens for VR. I got one of those cheap google cardboard type headsets that you put your phone in, and it is just so low res when its that close to your face. I have an iphone SE which admittedly is not a 1440p screen or anything like that, but I never notice pixels normally and when I watch HD videos they look great. But that close to your face it is sooo blurry/pixelated.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

27 minutes ago, Domifi said:

Thank you, never heard about that.

What would be the best VR headset to go with this?

On the VRidge website it says that VRidge does not work with games that are not VR games, but that is what I want to do, run normal games on a smartphone with a VR headset, which is why I asked if the VR headset would have to be modified in some way.

11 minutes ago, treeroy said:

Just be aware that, at least in my opinion phones are not great screens for VR. I got one of those cheap google cardboard type headsets that you put your phone in, and it is just so low res when its that close to your face. I have an iphone SE which admittedly is not a 1440p screen or anything like that, but I never notice pixels normally and when I watch HD videos they look great. But that close to your face it is sooo blurry/pixelated.

Would be using a Xiaomi Redmi Pro (has a 5.5'' 1080p OLED screen).