ASUS Maximus ROG VIII Hero error code 62

joebeem

Hello,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this post. 
I recently started having a very frustrating issue with my new PC (built myself). Specs and isse are described below.

• Motherboard: ASUS Maximus ROG VIII Hero with latest bios
  • CPU: I5 6600k 3.5 Ghz
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 AiO Liquid Cooling
  • Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666
  • GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB DUAL-GTX1060-O6G
  • PSU: Corsair AX760i
  • HDD: 1x Samsung Evo 960 m2 256gb (windows installed), 1x Samsung Evo 860 512gb (secondary drive), 1x Western Digital SATA 1 TB
  • Sound Blaster Zx PCIe
  • Inateck SuperSpeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card

I have had this setup running since early October 2017 and over this past weekend (Friday, 11/24/17) thought it was a good idea to do some light overclocking. 

I truly regret doing this now, but hindsight is 20/20 and given my setup is ideal for overclocking, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try. This is not my first time overclocking, but I am not an "expert" per se. 

I followed guides directly on the ASUS ROG website and had overclocked my cpu to 4.3 ghz. Per the guide, I manually set voltage at 1.35. I VERY closely monitored the temperatures of the chip and they never reached above 55C at full load with stress testing. It would typically idle around 28C, which from my understanding, are pretty decent temperatures. 

I also did some minor GPU overclocking briefly, (didn't add voltage), saw very minimal gains, and just set everything back to default using MSI Afterburner yesterday 11/27/17. 

Earlier today, while watching a YouTube video with multiple tabs open in Chrome, my computer completely froze. That is, I couldn't move the mouse, no response to keyboard commands, had to do a hard reset. Upon restarting the PC, as Windows 10 was loading, I received a BSOD with Error 0xc0000001 "you'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. if you don't have any installation media contact your system administrator or pc manufacturer." It would essentially BSOD every time windows would try to load regardless of it were in Safe Mode or any type of recovery environment. 

I could still get into BIOS just fine earlier and set everything back to default, but still got BSODS. After doing some research, I started to try to eliminate things that might be causing them... started by disconnecting external devices, then removed my ASUS GPU 1060, and finally took out one of my sticks of ram. 

Upon trying to start with one stick of ram, using on-board video card, and every PCIe card taken out, I could no longer POST and can NO LONGER get to BIOS either. My ASUS motherboard was showing a Q-Code Error 62 (for sure 62, NOT "b2") with the white VGA led on, which seems to mean "INSTALLATION OF THE PCH RUNTIME SERVICES". 

The monitor connected to integrated onboard GPU is just a blank black screen, doesn't detect any input. 

I tried clearing CMOS multiple times, tried the Asus Bios flash utility to reflash the latest bios, and no matter what, I cannot get past Error 62. I tried different monitors and cables as well just for the heck of it. Also tried one stick of ram (tried seating in every available slot as well) I still could no longer POST. I also just tried flashing the previous version of the motherboard's bios (3501) using the USB port on the back, but same error 62 result.

Earlier today, I tried my friends ram from his PC in mine and still received the error code 62 with solid VGA LED illuminated. 

My assumption at this point is that it is the processor...  I really hope it is not the motherboard, but before buying new parts, I thought I would ask for another opinion here.

Below is a video of the codes before it finally halts on 62. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

IMG_20171128_212035.jpg