KODU Need Help with Multiple Paths

Caleb SF

Hi guys, so the kodu discussion board is pretty broken for me. It won't let me sign in and won't let me post anything. So here I am!

I'm having an issue with multiple paths. I am trying to make a sputnik follow a red path and at the end of the red path, he says something, then moves onto the orange path. The way I currently have it setup is :

Page 1:

WHEN; hear, kodu, close by DO; move, on path, red path

WHEN; end of path, red path, me DO; say, once

WHEN; DO; switch, page 2

Page 2:

WHEN; DO; move, on path, orange path

The problem is, he gets to the end of the red path, stops, says his line, and then doesn't move at all. I made it so that after he reaches the end of the path, the 2nd page puts him in first person, and it works. But thats not what I want him to do and he refuses to move.

Thanks for the help!

26 minutes ago, Caleb SF said:

Hi guys, so the kodu discussion board is pretty broken for me. It won't let me sign in and won't let me post anything. So here I am!

I'm having an issue with multiple paths. I am trying to make a sputnik follow a red path and at the end of the red path, he says something, then moves onto the orange path. The way I currently have it setup is :

Page 1:

WHEN; hear, kodu, close by DO; move, on path, red path

WHEN; end of path, red path, me DO; say, once

WHEN; DO; switch, page 2

Page 2:

WHEN; DO; move, on path, orange path

The problem is, he gets to the end of the red path, stops, says his line, and then doesn't move at all. I made it so that after he reaches the end of the path, the 2nd page puts him in first person, and it works. But thats not what I want him to do and he refuses to move.

Thanks for the help!

add config setting of color = #

red=1

orange=2

now do; move, on path, 1

3 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

add config setting of color = #

red=1

orange=2

now do; move, on path, 1

I don't believe I can do that. Is there a work around using what is already in the program?

8 minutes ago, Caleb SF said:

I don't believe I can do that. Is there a work around using what is already in the program?

i apologize i answered before looking up what kodu was

and props for your issues as i did not know microsoft had this

so im am really not sure what to say other visit microsoft kodu site and goto resources links towards bottom(not bottom microsoft company links)

also try to find the video linus recently did with his son on kids learn to code device

1 minute ago, bcguru9384 said:

i apologize i answered before looking up what kodu was

and props for your issues as i did not know microsoft had this

so im am really not sure what to say other visit microsoft kodu site and goto resources links towards bottom(not bottom microsoft company links)

also try to find the video linus recently did with his son on kids learn to code device

Sad this is its for my college level final project... we never used kodu in class and microsoft barely supports kodu

1 minute ago, Caleb SF said:

Sad this is its for my college level final project... we never used kodu in class and microsoft barely supports kodu

it is in research side (webaddress) so maybe its just a need to get microsofts attention as i see this as a borderline app on xbox360(i bet was the point of project) as hardware and software that was missing plus ram limit

but xbox1 will eat this app and still be hungry (damn should have added that to xbox insider report an app(said was missing from store)and damn again their promoting backwards compatibility as xbox1 perk)

finger crossed they will put a few hours into it(i would have group project 1 hour week but company wide as great collaboration app and totally link amd in as they are cpu and gpu guys)4 or 5 weeks till xmas

4*20000employees=80000hours into a project