GSX 1000, bbad sound?

SamHF

Long story short just purchased the gsx 1000 and got it today. I have the HD 599s headphones.
The problem I'm facing is when I disable every option and leave the 7.1 on everything sounds.... echoey. Hard to explain.

My old headset 7.1 dongle seems to sound better than the gsx 1000, whats happening? When I turn the reverb off everything sounds low quality. When I turn the reverb on everything sounds really echoey, I don't understand whats happening.

Anyone else own the gsx 1000? whats wrong with mine. :c

Oh that thing... yeah, I have not heard the best things about it.  I would return it if you can

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh that thing... yeah, I have not heard the best things about it.  I would return it if you can

It has a 1VRMS @ 32ohm output with an MSRP of 229 euro. It's beyond redemption, and Sennheiser should be ashamed of themselves.

It's literally a 229 euro reverb machine with less output than a phone. Snake oil in it's purest form.

I don't get it. I spent hours looking at reviews and I heard so much positivve stuff about it. Kind of upset now because I've used it therefor won't be able to return it.

Out of depression and rage I just purchased the FiiO - E10K Olympus. I really do hope these will work better in regards of gaming and music. :c

I don't think that's how returns work... you should definitely still be able to

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, SamHF said:

I don't get it. I spent hours looking at reviews and I heard so much positivve stuff about it. Kind of upset now because I've used it therefor won't be able to return it.

Out of depression and rage I just purchased the FiiO - E10K Olympus. I really do hope these will work better in regards of gaming and music. :c

You probably only looked at user reviews (post-purchase rationalization) or youtube video's (biased, payed reviews). Especially Hardware Canucks has an egregious video. I hate that guy. And it's not a headphone, you should be able to return it after use. 

Sure, why not make the same mistake twice by buying something yet again without asking this forum if that's a good idea. I believe the E10K was a little overhyped aswell. I've seen @SSL make some "meh" comments about it (think he said it sounds a little harsh). I don't own one myself so, dunno.

24 minutes ago, Majestic said:

You probably only looked at user reviews (post-purchase rationalization) or youtube video's (biased, payed reviews). Especially Hardware Canucks has an egregious video. I hate that guy. And it's not a headphone, you should be able to return it after use. 

Sure, why not make the same mistake twice by buying something yet again without asking this forum if that's a good idea. I believe the E10K was a little overhyped aswell. I've seen @SSL make some "meh" comments about it (think he said it sounds a little harsh). I don't own one myself so, dunno.

So what should I buy for my HD 599s? I enjoy gaming, music and movies.

5 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Which mainboard are you using?

Sorry, you mean motherboard? MSI Z170A GAMING M5

Just now, Majestic said:

Dude, that thing has a dual-amp OP1652 setup. Just use your onboard, have you even tried it? :/

yes i have. for some reason it sounds very bad. whether that's because i'm not used to it after 3-4 years of using this 7.1 dolby adapter from my headset or there is something wrong.

the sound doesn't sound crisp whatsoever. It sounds very dull and low quality. sounds seem to get loud and change from ear to ear in a odd way. is that how it's suppose to be?

my pc is somewhat new. do i need to download something to fix this problem or is it because my ears are disabled?

1 minute ago, SamHF said:

yes i have. for some reason it sounds very bad. whether that's because i'm not used to it after 3-4 years of using this 7.1 dolby adapter from my headset or there is something wrong.

the sound doesn't sound crisp whatsoever. It sounds very dull and low quality. sounds seem to get loud and change from ear to ear in a odd way. is that how it's suppose to be?

my pc is somewhat new. do i need to download something to fix this problem or is it because my ears are disabled?

Try going into your onboard audio control panel and start turning off "enhancement" features, EQ's and the likes.

Just now, Majestic said:

Try going into your onboard audio control panel and start turning off "enhancement" features, EQ's and the likes.

tried messing with all that still sounds odd. do i need some type of software? i jsut don't get it. i havee a nice pair of headphones but when i plug them into my pc the sound is not crisp. when i plug it into a 7.1 dolby adapter it sounds amazing.

Just now, SamHF said:

tried messing with all that still sounds odd. do i need some type of software? i jsut don't get it. i havee a nice pair of headphones but when i plug them into my pc the sound is not crisp. when i plug it into a 7.1 dolby adapter it sounds amazing.

I think that adapter just has some hidden EQ. If it sounds bad to you when you go to configuration panel, sound, playback devices, rightclick the soundcard, go to "enhancements" and turn everything off, then yes you're used to boosted-to-shit EQ's and this is just how it was supposed to sound. 

Not going to recommend you buying another AMP/DAC when you've got that good of an onboard. It's stupid.

Just now, Majestic said:

I think that adapter just has some hidden EQ. If it sounds bad to you when you go to configuration panel, sound, playback devices, rightclick the soundcard, go to "enhancements" and turn everything off, then yes you're used to boosted-to-shit EQ's and this is just how it was supposed to sound. 

Not going to recommend you buying another AMP/DAC when you've got that good of an onboard. It's stupid.

damnit. already ordered the FiiO. I mean I think I need it because I need something to be abble to adjust  the volume assuming I will enjoy it.

do i need some type of software like realtech? maybe thats why it sounds bad?

4 minutes ago, SamHF said:

damnit. already ordered the FiiO. I mean I think I need it because I need something to be abble to adjust  the volume assuming I will enjoy it.

do i need some type of software like realtech? maybe thats why it sounds bad?

No, just download the latest drivers from your mainboard manuf. That should be plenty. There could be an EQ in that control panel that matches the hidden EQ of your 7.1 adapter. It's probably the v-curved one like "powerful" or "party" in the realtek CP.

But I mainly use EQ's to make correction curves. I look at the freq. respones I see online of my headsets and compensate a little to get neutral sound. Other than that, I don't use EQ's.

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

No, just download the latest drivers from your mainboard manuf. That should be plenty. There could be an EQ in that control panel that matches the hidden EQ of your 7.1 adapter. It's probably the v-curved one like "powerful" or "party" in the realtek CP.

But I mainly use EQ's to make correction curves. I look at the freq. respones I see online of my headsets and compensate a little to get neutral sound. Other than that, I don't use EQ's.

i went to my mobo website, so something like this?

4673630da1fa4c9a2aea8f6c56a39cff.png
https://gyazo.com/4673630da1fa4c9a2aea8f6c56a39cff

13 minutes ago, Majestic said:

If it's the correct OS version, yes.

Still the same. it just sounds very.... tinny? idk how to describe it. it seems to sound like it's kind of louder rin the right headphone than it is in the left one. then it seems to switch, idk this is just odd.

Idk anymore dude... If you don't answer the 9000 threads you made, you'll not get any good help. 

My point still stands that your ears are fucked up. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

17 hours ago, Majestic said:

Did you press the big button in the middle?..

There is no big button in the middle?

13 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Idk anymore dude... If you don't answer the 9000 threads you made, you'll not get any good help. 

My point still stands that your ears are fucked up. 

I'm sorry for making so many threads.

I've been using a headset which has a 7.1 doby dongle for 3-4 years. I loved it. However, I saved up some money to buy a new pair of headphones, specifically the HD 599s.

When I plug them into my PC I just don't like how it sounds. When I plug the headphones into my old headset adapter I like it.

I bought the Sennheiser GSXX 1000, after somee tweaking and getting used to how it sounds I actually like it.
I bought the FiiO and it sounds the same as if I was to plug it into my PC.

My question is I thought stereo was suppose to be superior in regards of quality? Why do I not like how it sounds? It doesn't sound quality to me whatsoever, what's happening?

Are my ears really broken?