different programs audio to different speakers 1 pc

Offline Research Kangaroo

windows 10

i have a headset that uses a external soundcard on usd and i have speakers using the mobo speaker port.

I forgot how i can make for example a game or program use the headset and browser or OS / music use the speakers
and even how to make both play sound from the same thing at the same time 

anyone know ?

10 minutes ago, MoDRun said:

windows 10

i have a headset that uses a external soundcard on usd and i have speakers using the mobo speaker port.

I forgot how i can make for example a game or program use the headset and browser or OS / music use the speakers
and even how to make both play sound from the same thing at the same time 

anyone know ?

if you right click on your volume button (bottom right) select 'volume mixer'. You can allocate programs to different outputs and adjust volume individually

Here is a better explanation if needed: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/b1d1acac-1f21-4d23-8d68-98964d67c2c7/assigning-an-application-to-different-sound-outputs?forum=w7itprogeneral

Edited by Sydlexic Deity

3 minutes ago, Sydlexic Deity said:

if you right click on your volume button (bottom right) select 'volume mixer'. You can allocate programs to different outputs and adjust volume individually

Well i cant seem to do much if anything there and stuff doesnt show up on the mixer of whichever audio source im not using unless i set it to default device then everything appears on it but disapears from the other.