Installing Windows from Ubuntu

Every time I try to install win 8 from Ubuntu its says an error occurred while loading the archive, how do I fix this?

Why are you trying to install windows through Ubuntu?

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

Why are you trying to install windows through Ubuntu?

Its just the current os on a spare computer I have.

Change boot order.

I think it was delete when its starts.

Case: Sentey Eagle Plus Extreme $54 Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 $78   CPU: AMD FX-6300 $120 Heatsink: cooler master TX3 $30
RAM: G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1866 $77 PSU: COOLER MASTER GX 750w $100 GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Superclock Sig 2 $230  GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Superclock Sig 2 $230 
Fans: Cooler Master $12 SLI Bridge: ASUS $8  Hard drive: 2TB western digital $87

Wait, are you trying to install an OS while in an other OS ? (By that I mean not in the BIOS)

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Wait, are you trying to install an OS while in an other OS ? (By that I mean not in the BIOS)

Yes

Yes

1: Put disk in

2: Reboot computer

3: Enter BIOS

4: Change BOOT order so it boots first from CD/DVD drive

You cant install windows inside of linux, do it from the BIOS

~Judah

Yes

1: Put disk in

2: Reboot computer

3: Enter BIOS

4: Change BOOT order so it boots first from CD/DVD drive

You cant install windows inside of linux, do it from the BIOS

He said it all, except that everything on your disk will be wiped or you will have to partion the disk in 2, 1 windows partition and 1 linux partition.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

He said it all, except that everything on your disk will be wiped or you will have to partion the disk in 2, 1 windows partition and 1 linux partition.

Helpful tip:

The partitioning bit i would do inside of Linux. Its much easier to do in a program like GPartition than in the installer.

~Judah

Helpful tip:

The partitioning bit i would do inside of Linux. Its much easier to do in a program like GPartition than in the installer.

You need to partition the disk before installing linux I think... (never installed it, just used Backtrack 5 on a disk, almost installed it lol)