RX 560 in Crossfire

Hello guys,

This is my first post here so take it easy on me.

Tl;dr I have an RX560 and I'm looking for an upgrade in the near future.

While I could obviously sell it, and try to go for an RX 570/580, in the 4GB VRAM variants, it'd be a lot easier to simply get another one and put in in crossfire. 

I know the support of games is sometimes crap, and the scaling is sometimes even worse, but even so, in most titles, there's at least a 40% performance increase, sometimes even coming close to 100%.

This guy from Tech of Tomorrow also made a video showcasing its capabilities, and it doesn't look half bad:

Looking forward for your feedback, and thanks in advance. :) 

LE: Yes, I'm aware these are RX460s; also, benchmarks start at 2:15

Crossfire support is even worse than Sli support. 

Just get a single powerful card. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

waste of time just sell it for a 580

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

16 minutes ago, Intergalactic Tractor said:

Hello guys,

This is my first post here so take it easy on me.

Tl;dr I have an RX560 and I'm looking for an upgrade in the near future.

While I could obviously sell it, and try to go for an RX 570/580, in the 4GB VRAM variants, it'd be a lot easier to simply get another one and put in in crossfire. 

I know the support of games is sometimes crap, and the scaling is sometimes even worse, but even so, in most titles, there's at least a 40% performance increase, sometimes even coming close to 100%.

This guy from Tech of Tomorrow also made a video showcasing its capabilities, and it doesn't look half bad:

Looking forward for your feedback, and thanks in advance. :) 

LE: Yes, I'm aware these are RX460s; also, benchmarks start at 2:15

Grab a rx480, Thank me later.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

On 25/11/2017 at 11:01 PM, COUPER MILLAR said:

the gains would be slim to none. 99% of games are not optimized to utilize multiple cards. You would be better off buying a 570 or 580 and selling you 560 

You are right. I'm totally disappointed for this because it was my dream to have a crossfire in my PC someday but as you said it's not worth it. Now it's only a complete waste of money. I don't know why it doesn't have more support from the game devs now. Never understood what the heck happened.

1 hour ago, Zauer said:

You are right. I'm totally disappointed for this because it was my dream to have a crossfire in my PC someday but as you said it's not worth it. Now it's only a complete waste of money. I don't know why it doesn't have more support from the game devs now. Never understood what the heck happened.

Multi card set ups are a very niche segment of the market. Due to the limited number of people it would benefit, it's not worth the additional man hours to optimize games for multiple cards.