Need help on pump/res combo

Go to solution Solved by Mick Naughty,

Should be fine as everyone else who runs the pumps does so with copper in the loop at some point. 

Only thing thats metal that the coolant could touch is the shaft in which the inpeller is mounted to. Which should be steel. If not it would be unavoidable. 

Hi!

I'm a bit stuck on my water cooling loop and since it's my first one I'm having some troubles solving the question:

Which pump and res should I use?

I really want a pump/res combo so I was planing on using this pump/res 

EK-XRES 100 REVO D5 PWM

Then I was planing on changing the res tube to a 250(204mm)

The problem is that the rest of my build is copper components and as far as I can see, this is aluminium.

Do you guys have any suggestion for me?

Only requirements, good, resonable quite pump, 200+(preferably 250) res, and 60 mm diameter res 

Thanks alot for all the help!

Kind regards Simon

Should be fine as everyone else who runs the pumps does so with copper in the loop at some point. 

Only thing thats metal that the coolant could touch is the shaft in which the inpeller is mounted to. Which should be steel. If not it would be unavoidable. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

21 hours ago, azzerent said:

Hi!

I'm a bit stuck on my water cooling loop and since it's my first one I'm having some troubles solving the question:

Which pump and res should I use?

I really want a pump/res combo so I was planing on using this pump/res 

EK-XRES 100 REVO D5 PWM

Then I was planing on changing the res tube to a 250(204mm)

The problem is that the rest of my build is copper components and as far as I can see, this is aluminium.

Do you guys have any suggestion for me?

Only requirements, good, resonable quite pump, 200+(preferably 250) res, and 60 mm diameter res 

Thanks alot for all the help!

Kind regards Simon

The pump res unit and D5 pump has no aluminum in it it's base material is stainless steel and a composite ceramic bearing surface which is non-reactive.