I've used windows computers all of my life but, my family uses macs and my sister got an ipad pro and gave my mom her laptop and my mom gave me her laptop. I wouldn't have taken it but I did need a laptop so I decided to try it. I know the basics and I woulds say i'm somewhere between intermediate and advanced but, I want to learn more but i cant find any good videos or articles, they are all basic usage or basic shortcuts. Does anyone have any tips or know of any good videos?

Learn about what? The OS? Which version?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

As someone in a similar boat - I've always used Windows machines, but decided in June to buy a 2016 MacBook pro so I could get used to the OS - the way I see it, it's something I have to get used to if I want to be able to offer support to folk who use them in future.

In my opinion, you're going to end up wasting your time watching YouTube videos of how to use the OS, since they all make assumptions about how you already use your machine, and are likely to frustrate you more than anything else.

The best thing to do is to just... use the machine. If there is a *specific* problem you encounter and need to find help with, that's when you should start looking for videos or guides - but general "how do I use osx" stuff on the web is all completely garbage in my experience.

The only thing thats really hard to get used to is the command key rather then start. When ever I go back to windows I find myself hitting start when I meant to hit control. And cut is command + c and then comment + alt + v, its better but a pain to get used to. I was a long time windows user and sometime in 2016 I moved to OS X, and I have never looked back (Other then when I want to play games, I do find myself using my PC over my macbook. 

The best pice of advice I can give you is to be patient, in the first month of using a mac I was googling everything because I had no idea. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

there are a thousands threads on r/apple and r/macOS when it comes to this.

go check it out. here at this forum there isn't that many macOS user to be honest.

also just give you one tip: 

typical windows user uses their mouse mainly. while on a mac your left hand is a lot more productive. a.k.a those keyboard shortcut is really gonna give you a lot of help and boost your productivity on a mac. also as long as you dont sit very far away from your macbook, dont use a mouse. just use the trackpad. right hand on trackpad, lefthand on the command key + whatever combos you wanna hit.

it took me a while to get used to this. but once I did, windows feels really clunky. 

also this might sound silly, but you will found out that how smooth scrolling is on a macOS machine when compares to windows you either need to scroll your mouse (diff mouse will scroll at a diff speed) or you have to manually drag the side bar... it is so annoying on a windows machine.... while on macOS everything is much smoother and more unified. you will notice all these kind of small advantages on your mac. alsosome of the apps on mac are really well built. and they are unified too. command + , is to take you to the settings, command + q is quit, on chrome you can turn on "warning before quit" so you dont accidentally quit your 500 tabs with one key stroke. twitter's official app is really cool. i ditched their web surface long time ago. 

good luck! 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.