... extremely simple assistance needed.

binaryreaper

Oi there comrades, I'm new to the building scene, first build actually, and I ran into something I know is a beginner problem.

'Alright, so I have a NZXT Phantom Enthusiast Case w/ an 850 EVO SSD [SATA] and an WD Blue 1TB HDD, the case comes with 3.5" trays. My SSD is 2.5".

How do I install my SSD into my case?
Also - do I NEED to screw my HDD or my SSD into the brackets? 

If I do - how?
Here are images of my case and the brackets.

hdd4.jpg

hdd3.jpg

hdd2.jpg

hdd1.jpg

There should be screw included with the ssd. The bottom of the ssd is attached to the holes in the bottom of the hard drive sled with screws. Usually hard drives can be snapped on to the hard drive sleds, but I can't tell if this case comes with those types of sleds, it looks like it might.

Space is pretty awesome.

Assuming the hard drive snaps into it's sled, you do not need (and usually can not) to use screws

Space is pretty awesome.

Just now, NewHopeTech said:

There should be screw included with the ssd. The bottom of the ssd is attached to the holes in the bottom of the hard drive sled with screws. Usually hard drives can be snapped on to the hard drive sleds, but I can't tell if this case comes with those types of sleds, it looks like it might.

My SSD didnt come with the screw

I put the hard drive on, it seems secure, but the case also gave me HDD installation screws so it'd be ignorant for them to provide me them if I didn't need them.

The holes in the side of the tray should align with the holes on the side of the disk. There should be small pins that you push through the side of the tray, into the holes on the side of the disk, to ensure the disk is supported and remains stable in operation - mainly to reduce noise. Then, just slide the tray, with the disk, into the rails on the bays in the case.

The same trays support 2.5" SSD's, there are holes on the bottom that accept the same pins. Same idea, push the pins through the holes in the tray, into the holes on the disk. SSD makes no noise and has no issues with vibrations, so some folk will simply Velcro or double sided M3 tape them somewhere inconspicuous in the case instead of using a whole 3.5" tray for the tiny little disks, but it's really all preference.

2 minutes ago, Tabs said:

The holes in the side of the tray should align with the holes on the side of the disk. There should be small pins that you push through the side of the tray, into the holes on the side of the disk, to ensure the disk is supported and remains stable in operation - mainly to reduce noise. Then, just slide the tray, with the disk, into the rails on the bays in the case.

The same trays support 2.5" SSD's, there are holes on the bottom that accept the same pins. Same idea, push the pins through the holes in the tray, into the holes on the disk. SSD makes no noise and has no issues with vibrations, so some folk will simply Velcro or double sided M3 tape them somewhere inconspicuous in the case instead of using a whole 3.5" tray for the tiny little disks, but it's really all preference.

Alright, that's helpful. The HDD is officially installed correctly.

Thanks for your assistance mate.