GUIMiner Connecting...

Try creating a new worker and keep it simple. I normally use AK0490.1  with password x   Keep it short and simple, it doesn't matter if anyone knows your password the most they can do is mine for you.

which host website do you recommend?

I use Netcodepool. org it's a great community and you can always get help on chat. If you are looking for a more consistent pay-per-share pool I would recommend Lite Guardian.c om

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Aright, I made an account for netcodepool. Here's my worker: rvgilder.7970, pswd: x . Would you mind trying to run it and see if it works?

Thanks!

Sure thing. Looks like it's running fine, I'll leave it running for a while to throw a few shares your way. Welcome to netcodepool :)

Sure thing. Looks like it's running fine, I'll leave it running for a while to throw a few shares your way. Welcome to netcodepool :)

Thanks so much for all your help buddy! It's great to have joined the team!

Just one last small question. NetCodePool says that the difficulty is 128. So I made this calculation. Is it true? https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=500&difficulty=128&power=300&energycost=0.10&currency=USD

Thanks so much for all your help buddy! It's great to have joined the team!

Just one last small question. NetCodePool says that the difficulty is 128. So I made this calculation. Is it true? https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashrate=500&difficulty=128&power=300&energycost=0.10&currency=USD

No, that is the share difficulty. The difficulty you are looking for is on the dashboard tab, look on the right side of the page. Current diff is 2694.

No, that is the share difficulty. The difficulty you are looking for is on the dashboard tab, look on the right side of the page. Current diff is 2694.

So, I'm getting about 0.17689232 LTC after a day of mining.....That doesn't seem too good..I'm getting about 400 khash on a 7970...Do you have any ideas what I can do to up my game?

OK, assuming you are still mining there, Netcodepool in small enough that you are going to see some inconsistency in your payout. There was a long while between blocks, but two were found this morning. Check the unconfirmed balance box on the dashboard page.

As far as it only doing 400Kh/s, exactly which brand and model of 7970 do you have?

As far as it only doing 400Kh/s, exactly which brand and model of 7970 do you have?

I've got a club 3d reference 7970 and i've overclocked it to 1100 MHz (core) and 1500 mhz (memory)...I have an accelero extreme air cooler on the gpu and watercooled cpu...I checked the unconfirmed and it's only about 0.06 LTC..The Confirmed LTC is about 0.16

And I'm also running it on the low usage setting, but with intensity 18, because for some reason, when i put high usage, it just doesn't start mining :P

Check out this calculator, running at 400Kh/s that is about what you will make in a day. http://www.litecoinminingcalculator.com/index.php?khs=400&diff=2694.72027285&cdiff=2694.72027285&fee=0

I have no specific knowledge about your card, as it is not from a major brand. The general rule of thumb is that a 7970 will do 730Kh/s. XFX and ASUS cards are well known for having trouble reaching this and generally top out around 500Kh/s.

Not starting at high intensity is normal for 7970s.  Most 7970s perform best at 13 intensity and anything higher causes hardware errors.

To try to push the max out of your 7970 I would recommend switching to cgminer. Go here and download 3.7.2 http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

Create a notpad file and paste this into it:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o netcodepool.org:3333 -u rvgilder.7970 -p x --thread-concurrency 8192 --no-submit-stale --intensity 13 --worksize 256 -g 2 --gpu-engine 1080 --gpu-memclock 1500

Save the file as 7970.bat and then run it and test your results.

Ok, so I tried it a couple of times, and when I ran it off the bat file, my secondary GPU crashed (random), and when I input the data on cgminer it says "cgminer has stopped working".... I think I know how to fix it though.

So when I do fix it, how much improvement do you reckon that I will get? Do you think that an investment on another 7970 (or 280x) is worth the money?

Thanks, your info has been extremely helpful! 

• 3 months later...

Hi AK0490,

I am encountering the same issue. Guiminer alpha jus shows connecting. I created account on netcodepool.org. I am using ATI 5650. Is there a problem with it because it is not in the list in guiminer? When i start miner it stops at " No servers could be used! Exiting."

PLease help.

Thanks

Hi AK0490,

I am encountering the same issue. Guiminer alpha jus shows connecting. I created account on netcodepool.org. I am using ATI 5650. Is there a problem with it because it is not in the list in guiminer? When i start miner it stops at " No servers could be used! Exiting."

PLease help.

Thanks

If the card isn't in the list it sounds like a driver problem. Try installing different Amd drivers and install the Amd SDK. Unfortunately I'm not sure which versions are best for a card that old.