computer slows to a crawl when something is detecting hardware

113436_1454180223

so i first noticed it when playing archeage i would click launch and my computer would slow to a craw for a few seconds (if i move the mouse it would stutter across the screen anything else would just stop moving if i don't move the mouse things like youtube videos would update once every few seconds) and then go back to normal

it also did the same thing when rainbow six siege was first launching and was detecting my hardware config

it also does it when launching cossacks 3

it has done this across two installs of windows 10 my specs are as follows

Intel core i9 7900X

AMD Vega 64 LE

32GB DDR4 3200MHz (corsair vengeance RGB)

windows is installed on a samsung 960 pro M.2 SSD (there is no correlation between the drive something is installed on and it doing weird shit)

(also does anyone know why my username is just numbers and stuff? i used steam to login and i cannot set a username)

psu ?

didt you plug in the two cpu connetors ? 8pin and 4pin i think

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

4 minutes ago, Swealteek said:

psu ?

didt you plug in the two cpu connetors ? 8pin and 4pin i think

unfortunately this computer was built by some company the insurance people wanted to build it (old computer blew up you see) and they did not want me to build it myself for some reason

and guess what? along side the GPU using a daisy chained connector (i fixed this as soon as i saw it) the CPU radiator fans in a PULL ONLY config the second 4pin EPS power connector IS NOT CONNECTED

i will sort that tomorrow and see if that fixes it

Can you than run a software to see temps ? (speedfan or samting like specy will do)

If its a prebuild than call the compeny you got it form the will need to fix it

3 minutes ago, Swealteek said:

Can you than run a software to see temps ? (speedfan or samting like specy will do)

If its a prebuild than call the compeny you got it form the will need to fix it

temps are not too bad really (its a water cooler a big one at that) a bit higher than i would like (coming from a 5930K) but i would put that up to intels toothpaste inside and the 4 extra cores (i'm going to be putting better fans on it myself at some point)

4 minutes ago, 113436_1454180223 said:

temps are not too bad really (its a water cooler a big one at that) a bit higher than i would like (coming from a 5930K) but i would put that up to intels toothpaste inside and the 4 extra cores (i'm going to be putting better fans on it myself at some point)

If its a pre build bring it back your still under warenty ! dont do things your self

(also got pics :3 ?)

On 24/11/2017 at 9:20 PM, Swealteek said:

If its a pre build bring it back your still under warenty ! dont do things your self

(also got pics :3 ?)

well i quickly plugged in the missing 4pin EPS connector and that did not fix the problem

i have had someone on the forums say "the game client lags the fuck out of the windows GDI subsystems during startup. "

and goes on to say his system does it for about a second or two on start up

as my old desktop and my laptop (i7 5930K with furyX and i7 4710HQ with GTX 970m) do not display this behaviour and idea why this one would be doing this?

• 1 month later...

so quick update to this

according to someone on the archeage forums "No, the game client lags the fuck out of the windows GDI subsystems during startup."

also other games have been doing it as well like SWTOR a game i started playing again yesterday