RGB Fans

JustAnotherIntelFanBoy

Anyone knows of it's worth it to go with the LL instead of the  HD model for the 140mm Corsair fans.

Can you really notice the difference in those extra (I think) 6 leds?

For what I found the HD have more air flow.

I want to know how (visually speaking) much of an improvement is the LL (100usd) serie over the HD (75usd).

Just consider the lighting effect as price is the same when you include the lighting node pro to the HD pack.

Edit: The difference is 21usd for the combo i'm looking for (3 140mm + led strip)

CPUIntel Core I7 8700                                                                      Intel Core I5 3570k

Video Card: EVGA SSC - GTX 970 4GB
CPU Cooler: Noctua NHD15S                                                            Cryorig C7 && Intel Stock Cooler

Motherboard:  Asus Prime Z370-A                                                    MSI - Z77A-G45 GAMING
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8 2666Mhz                              Crucial Technology 1x8gb @1666mhz

Monitor: LG 34" 34UC79G 144hz Curved Ultrawide Full-HD FreeSync
Storage: San Disk 240GB SSD 2.5"
Storage: Western Digital 1TB HDD  3.5" 7200rpm

Storage: Western Digital 2TB HDD  3.5" 5400rpm
Case: Corsair 400c White                                                                   Sentey  DS-4237 
Power Supply: Corsair Rm650x Fully Modular 80+ Gold                  Thermaltake 600w Non Modular 80+
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits                                      Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

If it's striketrough, it means it has been changed :P

Are you looking for functionality or are you just buying those for visual appeal? and will you be able to see the fans or will they get covered up by an "opaque" dust screen?

Having good airflow > having lights on fans

Just now, lewdicrous said:

Are you looking for functionality or are you just buying those for visual appeal? and will you be able to see the fans or will they get covered up by an "opaque" dust screen?

Having good airflow > having lights on fans

Both. They performance almost the same. (HD a little bit better anyway).

I will be able to see them.

I want to know if those extra 21 USD will make a real difference in lighting. 

CPUIntel Core I7 8700                                                                      Intel Core I5 3570k

CPU Cooler: Noctua NHD15S                                                            Cryorig C7 && Intel Stock Cooler

Motherboard:  Asus Prime Z370-A                                                    MSI - Z77A-G45 GAMING
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8 2666Mhz                              Crucial Technology 1x8gb @1666mhz

Case: Corsair 400c White                                                                   Sentey  DS-4237 
Power Supply: Corsair Rm650x Fully Modular 80+ Gold                  Thermaltake 600w Non Modular 80+
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits                                      Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

9 hours ago, JustAnotherIntelFanBoy said:

I want to know if those extra 21 USD will make a real difference in lighting. 

Yes, the LL has much better lighting options if that's what you're looking for.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

15 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, the LL has much better lighting options if that's what you're looking for.

Thank you! Anyway I think about it and maybe I go for the HD beacuse I will not appreciate all the extra led when using them as front intakes. 

(I don't have a front glass panel, only side one).

It's a shame I didn't buy a better case :(