Which Cooler for a Ryzen 5 1600X?

DanielMDA

Hey, so which cooler do you think is enough for a Ryzen 5 1600X?

Lemme know down below which cooler you think is good for a Ryzen 5 1600X, either stock or OC`d. Please no AIOs or Liquidcooling, just aircooling, thanks!

Personally, I would get the 1600 over the 1600x. But if you already bought the 1600x, get the Hyper 212 EVO or the Noctua NH-U12S.

Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

The stock heat sink is actually a decent one.

The 1600 comes with the heat sink not the 1600x.

8 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

The stock heat sink is actually a decent one. I would use that until you find the need to OC. Otherwise something like a Hyper 212 would work. Otherwise there still is a select amount of coolers that are compatible with AM4. 

I plan on OCing the 1600X (all cores to 4.0)

9 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

The stock heat sink is actually a decent one. I would use that until you find the need to OC. Otherwise something like a Hyper 212 would work. Otherwise there still is a select amount of coolers that are compatible with AM4. 

I plan on OCing the 1600X (all cores to 4.0)

I have a Cryorig H5 Ultimate w/ single 140mm fan,  its an excellent cooler.   I was having troubles getting my Ryzen 1600 to be stable at 3.8-3.9 ghz with the stock cooler now it stays at least 8-10 degrees colder than the stock heatsink.  I have had it OC'd at 3.9Ghz @ 1.37v for weeks now without any crashing.  Also cryorig coolers look decent as well if that is important to you at all.