Using my 4K TV as a monitor and I'm experiencing blurriness

JustinBaker

I decided to get rid of my 3 Asus 1080p monitors and use my Sceptre 4KTV on my computer instead. I'm happy with the way the picture quality looks, other than the fact that the picture randomly goes blurry. 

This mostly happens when I'm watching streams on twitch or videos on youtube. I tried using different HDMI cables but I'm still experiencing the the same problems.I tried using my Samsung 4KTV, but instead of  going blurry, the entire computer just lags.

Does anyone know why this is happening? The same problem occurs on both of my PCs, one built with a 1080 Ti and the other with a 980 Ti.

If it's going blurry, I'd consider the possibility that it's the actual YT stream quality being downgraded from 4k to 720p or lower, due to your internet connection. Rather than have the video pause and buffer, it's switching to a lower quality so that the video can keep playing.

Just now, LyondellBasell said:

If it's going blurry, I'd consider the possibility that it's the actual YT stream quality being downgraded from 4k to 720p or lower, due to your internet connection. Rather than have the video pause and buffer, it's switching to a lower quality so that the video can keep playing.

Almost everything else goes blurry too.  This includes all other videos, desktop wallpaper, images  and even the video game that I'm playing. 

9 minutes ago, JustinBaker said:

Almost everything else goes blurry too.  This includes all other videos, desktop wallpaper, images  and even the video game that I'm playing. 

Did a little google-fu and it sounds like it's a driver issue. I'm not sure what ports/inputs your particular TV accepts, but I'd suggest trying something besides HDMI and see if that resolves the issue.

User from 2012 had a similar sounding issue that was marked "solved" here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/376763-33-visual-quality-hdmi-sceptre

22 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

Did a little google-fu and it sounds like it's a driver issue. I'm not sure what ports/inputs your particular TV accepts, but I'd suggest trying something besides HDMI and see if that resolves the issue.

User from 2012 had a similar sounding issue that was marked "solved" here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/376763-33-visual-quality-hdmi-sceptre

There's only 4 HDMI ports that are available on this TV.

At this exact moment, it's fine. It reads a  Native 4K resolution, even when it turns blurry. I guess I have to keep searching why this 4K TV are experiencing issues on PC. 

Thank for your help. 

This is strange..

This problem was happening a lot when I was using 3D apps while watching steams and youtube videos on Google Chrome internet browser.

I switched to Microsoft edge and I only encountered this problem once for only a mere second within the past 3 hours. Not only would this cause all the images and videos to appear blurry on google chrome, but it would also cause the 3D apps and images outside of google chrome to appear blurry too.