Black Friday Decision

Votivee

With black Friday / Cyber Monday coming up I have 2 items I'm keeping my eye on, but I really only have the money for one of the two.

I'm trying to decide on whether I want to go for a VR headset (most likely the Vive), or if I want to get a G29 racing wheel.

I play a good amount of sim games where the wheel would make the whole experience more immersive, but it seems that everyone that reviews the Vive on Amazon wishes they would have bought theirs earlier because they love and use it that much.

I am aware that the Vive will be much more than the G29, and I also have ample room to use it. My only con is that I will have to buy some VR games because I (obviously) own none. I have read a lot about the VR realm not really being matured yet, is this still true?

TLDR; Should I go with the Vive (if there is a decent sale on it) or should I choose the G29

~Air Cooling Advocate~

The G29 will be relevant for a lot of years to come (probably) but the vive might be old and last-gen in like a few months or a few years. Who knows.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

8 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Racing wheel for sure.Not that much to do on VR once the novelty wears off

100% agree. 

Some of the best vr experiences right now are little more than tech demos. Its the same reason ive had my oc rift in its box for the better part of the last year. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

25 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Racing wheel for sure.Not that much to do on VR once the novelty wears off

G29 all the way! Personally, think VR will be a fad. Could be wrong however.