Seasonic m12ii evo issues

Hello LTT Community, 

I have a trouble turning on my PC when it shuts down during a game (diablo 3). My 2-year old Seasonic M12II evo is connected to a UPS (APC 625VA).  

I found out that my power supply was faulty using the jumper method. The PSU fan will spin for a split second and shuts down again. I've tried this method using my UPS and direct wall connection for power input.

Is this caused by my UPS? 625VA seems enough for a 520W power supply (idk).Or is this just a bad draw for me? BTW, the PSU is powering an i5-4460 , a gtx 1060 OC about 1925MHz core, 1HDD, 5 120mm fans, and 2 RGB Led strips (30 leds).

Thanks in advance.

58 minutes ago, PriTiTeeTz said:

Hello LTT Community, 

I have a trouble turning on my PC when it shuts down during a game (diablo 3). My 2-year old Seasonic M12II evo is connected to a UPS (APC 625VA).  

I found out that my power supply was faulty using the jumper method. The PSU fan will spin for a split second and shuts down again. I've tried this method using my UPS and direct wall connection for power input.

Is this caused by my UPS? 625VA seems enough for a 520W power supply (idk).Or is this just a bad draw for me? BTW, the PSU is powering an i5-4460 , a gtx 1060 OC about 1925MHz core, 1HDD, 5 120mm fans, and 2 RGB Led strips (30 leds).

Thanks in advance.

Your UPS doesn't seem to be the root of the problem. Your PSU just bit the dust. It's an older unit and it was bound to happen.

If you want a big upgrade over your old unit then a Seasonic Focus Plus or Corsair TXM would be a good choice.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Your UPS doesn't seem to be the root of the problem. Your PSU just bit the dust. It's an older unit and it was bound to happen.

If you want a big upgrade over your old unit then a Seasonic Focus Plus or Corsair TXM would be a good choice.

Thanks for giving the link for the PSU tier list. I found out that my power supply is at tier 4. Too bad it cannot handle my system that long. :( Anyway, I'll just upgrade my PSU to a tier 2 or tier 1 given with the price and availability.  I'm considering your suggestion as well. :)

8 hours ago, PriTiTeeTz said:

Thanks for giving the link for the PSU tier list. I found out that my power supply is at tier 4. Too bad it cannot handle my system that long. :( Anyway, I'll just upgrade my PSU to a tier 2 or tier 1 given with the price and availability.  I'm considering your suggestion as well. :)

I bought a Corsair TXM 550 today. Thanks storm. :)

received_10214338221231125.jpeg