snapping sound coming from pc

im running a asus strix 1080ti. when i stress test my gpu or play very demanding games and my graphics card gets above 55 degrees Celsius occasionally i hear a clicking/snapping coming from my pc (it sounds like when you break a piece  of hard plastic. i am not sure if it is my case that is making the sound or my graphics card. i have a metal case so it could be caused by the case expanding. Is this a common thing to happen and could this be a issue. the sound only occurs when the graphics card is heating up and the sound stops when the graphics card reaches stable temps

Asus crosshair hero VI  Gtx 1080ti  Ryzen 1700 16gb 3200mhz trident z RGB ram custom watercooled loop

9 minutes ago, demonkoi said:

im running a asus strix 1080ti. when i stress test my gpu or play very demanding games and my graphics card gets above 55 degrees Celsius occasionally i hear a clicking/snapping coming from my pc (it sounds like when you break a piece  of hard plastic. i am not sure if it is my case that is making the sound or my graphics card. i have a metal case so it could be caused by the case expanding. Is this a common thing to happen and could this be a issue. the sound only occurs when the graphics card is heating up and the sound stops when the graphics card reaches stable temps

Could be a broken fan on the Video card or maybe in the PSU.

Try running a stress test and look into your PSU and your Video card if the fans get stuck or something.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

the fans are all spinning that was the first thing i though could be the cause as well. the snapping sound only occurs once or twice and only occurs shortly after i start the stress test.

Asus crosshair hero VI  Gtx 1080ti  Ryzen 1700 16gb 3200mhz trident z RGB ram custom watercooled loop

34 minutes ago, demonkoi said:

the fans are all spinning that was the first thing i though could be the cause as well. the snapping sound only occurs once or twice and only occurs shortly after i start the stress test.

that might be the fans kicking in after idle