Custom resolution for GTA V??

Okay so I just finished moving into my new house and setting up my new rig. The new setup has three 1080p monitors two landscape and the portrait one is in the middle (it suits the location best because I have a corner table with not much space.) So I've played a couple of games so far like Dirt 4, ARK and BeamNG Drive. These games work fine because in windowed mode I can just drag the window across all three screens so I get a pretty immersive experience. But GTA doesn't allow you to do this and I've been trying to find a solution but with no success. I've tried editing the commandline.txt file and the settings.xml file but they make no difference. Every time GTA just starts on my main monitor at 1080p. Can someone help me get a 4920*1080 resolution?

Thanks in advance :)

4 minutes ago, TimTam :P said:

Okay so I just finished moving into my new house and setting up my new rig. The new setup has three 1080p monitors two landscape and the portrait one is in the middle (it suits the location best because I have a corner table with not much space.) So I've played a couple of games so far like Dirt 4, ARK and BeamNG Drive. These games work fine because in windowed mode I can just drag the window across all three screens so I get a pretty immersive experience. But GTA doesn't allow you to do this and I've been trying to find a solution but with no success. I've tried editing the commandline.txt file and the settings.xml file but they make no difference. Every time GTA just starts on my main monitor at 1080p. Can someone help me get a 4920*1080 resolution?

Thanks in advance :)

I bet it's not possible. As an off topic question, what's your favorite car in BeamNG.drive, stock or modded? I love the 200BX and the Barstow, along with the K series.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I bet it's not possible. As an off topic question, what's your favorite car in BeamNG.drive, stock or modded? I love the 200BX and the Barstow, along with the K series.

Haha its gotta be the Sunburst or the Prasu! They're so fun to drive especially with a couple of mods.

6 minutes ago, TimTam :P said:

Haha its gotta be the Sunburst or the Prasu! They're so fun to drive especially with a couple of mods.

Prasu? Mod link?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, TimTam :P said:

Based off a Supra, I think :P 

Back to the topic at hand: I'd assume that you can't do it because it might be against the rules and therefore be a bannable offense.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Based off a Supra, I think.

Back to the topic at hand: I'd assume that you can't do it because it might be against the rules and therefore be a bannable offense.

Yeah it is.

I'm not sure if its against the rules because gta does have multi monitor support just not in my weird config,

Just now, TimTam :P said:

Yeah it is.

I'm not sure if its against the rules because gta does have multi monitor support just not in my weird config,

Hmm...I'm not sure then. I've never used multiple monitors, so I'm not familiar with this stuff. Have you tried changing the aspect ratio in settings?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Hmm...I'm not sure then. I've never used multiple monitors, so I'm not familiar with this stuff. Have you tried changing the aspect ratio in settings?

yeah but the only available ones are conventional ratios... I'd need 9:41 :/ I don't think that's normal lol