2800$-3000$ new config Need help/advice

itsgurda

Howdy, to keep it short and clean as possible- currently I'm rocking a decent mid quality configuration for gaming and work (graphics design and programming) BUT it is getting kind of old and just don't like it the way it is.
 I've racked up some good budget for a hopefully high end pc config for the exact same needs I said earlier (Priority on the gaming part since my work doesn't require a beast pc to be executed on a professional level)
I'm not a computer geek for all the details, but got more than basic knowledge about PC building etc. but didn't build any expensive configs previously in my life so I need some advice considering compatibility and efficiency.

Anyhow this is how I imagined it for now, I didn't do that much research and just made a quick list of components to be a sort of "template" :
Keep in mind I already have hdd's and ssd's + peripherals so I won't include them here

GPU : ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GAMING
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
MOBO : GIGABYTE AORUS GA-AX370 Gaming K5
RAM : G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz
CASE : NZXT S340 ELITE
CPU COOLER : NZXT Kraken X62
(The links for each component are from a Croatian website but gets the job done I guess)

Now, I'm not a fanboy of Intel nor AMD or anything else listed above, I just want/need high-end performance within my budget or if possible lower than that
so feel free to change things.

The things I look up to in my next build:
-RGB components + see through case to display all that shiny stuff ofcourse
-High end gaming performance + flexibility to do some video recording/editing
-a pc build that will still float around the top a few years later

Lastly I want to mention the water cooling (custom system), if there's someone here to give me advice on that as well that would be much appreciated :)

Sorry if something is spelled wrong, it's not my native language.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention I can order stuff via my company so I'm free of taxes, go ham

Don't get the X62, google the failure rates.

EVGA CLC280, Be quiet silent loop or any of the Corsair H series.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Your spending way too much.Max I can reccomend is 2000.just save the rest for a future rig

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CKyc2R

Well maybe I am going a bit overboard but I am aiming for the best of the best cause I am gaming alot and do work on my computer + aesthetics are a major part in my book so I'm willing to spend a bit more to get it all in sync. So money is not the problem honestly.

Also forgot to mention I'm running a double 27 inch 144hz so that may play a role as well (might get a third one in the future cause of work)

14 minutes ago, itsgurda said:

Keep in mind I already have hdd's and ssd's + peripherals so I won't include them here

You don't need to include this into the build , PSU also forgot to mention that in the post

7 minutes ago, Armakar said:

Don't get the X62, google the failure rates.

EVGA CLC280, Be quiet silent loop or any of the Corsair H series.

Oh well, I just saw many people using it and a lot of rig testers get it in as well. I'm glad you pointed that out for me.
Gonna put the EVGA CLC into the list instead of the X62 for now

1 minute ago, itsgurda said:

Oh well, I just saw many people using it and a lot of rig testers get it in as well. I'm glad you pointed that out for me.
Gonna put the EVGA CLC into the list instead of the X62 for now

I honestly don't know why none of them has adressed the issue - I had three die in a week (two confirmed DOA), and retailers admit they have a higher fail rate than any of the other top brands. Maybe the reviewers are either too dazzled by the RGB or being paid - maybe they just don't care or are being sent cherrypicked products.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

3 minutes ago, itsgurda said:

a pc build that will still float around the top a few years later

well it's already not really near the top so that'll be a very tall order

The Krakens are all Asetek, just like pretty much every other AiO, so I wouldn't worry about the brand. The X62 uses the 5th gen pump, while most others use 4th gen pumps, which might be the cause. 

:)

6 minutes ago, Armakar said:

I honestly don't know why none of them has adressed the issue - I had three die in a week (two confirmed DOA), and retailers admit they have a higher fail rate than any of the other top brands. Maybe the reviewers are either too dazzled by the RGB or being paid - maybe they just don't care or are being sent cherrypicked products.

Most likely cherrypicked and the reviewers are probably aware of that but still keeping it shut for the audience, been a witness to that many times lol

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

well it's already not really near the top so that'll be a very tall order

I've made the list as a starting point or as I said "template" to change it up if needed.
And by saying to be floating around the top a few years later I meant that it would serve me really well as now so there's no need to upgrade anything major in like let's say three years.

15 minutes ago, itsgurda said:

And by saying to be floating around the top a few years later I meant that it would serve me really well as now so there's no need to upgrade anything major in like let's say three years.

well i suppose it also depends on what's considered the top. if it's just for video games then pretty much anything will work good enough no need to put too much thought into it.

15 minutes ago, itsgurda said:

Indeed looks amazing :)
Also most people keep recommending me the 8700k, what about the 7820X ?

Its much more expensive and the motherboard would cost more also.