Should I format my PC before install the new parts?

Go to solution Solved by brob,
3 minutes ago, ImRubensi said:

I was thinking more if it will be drivers issues if i install all the new stuff and run it with the old drivers installed

Windows 10 is supposed to be pretty good and fixing this. But my practice has always been to erase storage and reinstall everything.You can try simply booting off the old drive and seeing what happens. It may take a while booting, but it might work. Let us know what happens.

Hi guys it's the first time I upgrade my PC and I was thinking if I should format the PC and then install the parts and then installa again the SO. The upgrade is totally except for the HDD and my SSD. I mean new motherboard, cpu, psu, graphic, etc...

4 minutes ago, ImRubensi said:

Hi guys it's the first time I upgrade my PC and I was thinking if I should format the PC and then install the parts and then installa again the SO. The upgrade is totally except for the HDD and my SSD. I mean new motherboard, cpu, psu, graphic, etc...

If the storage is used and you don't need the contents, simply remove the partitions.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 minutes ago, brob said:

If the storage is used and you don't need the contents, simply remove the partitions.

I was thinking more if it will be drivers issues if i install all the new stuff and run it with the old drivers installed

3 minutes ago, ImRubensi said:

Windows 10 is supposed to be pretty good and fixing this. But my practice has always been to erase storage and reinstall everything.You can try simply booting off the old drive and seeing what happens. It may take a while booting, but it might work. Let us know what happens.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.