Any thoughts on Samsung LS24F350FHEXXP?

minus

Hi, 

I have made the same post in reddit a few hours ago but got no response. Trying my luck here.

Thanks!

what you have to keep in mind when you buy a monitor is the type of tft. there are three majors (and new oled but that's for tv's) VA, IPS/PLS/AHVA, TN. This one is an IPS so it's a good bet if you want to watch movies sometimes (TN are only for gaming they have really poor colors). Beside the fact that samsung is almost owning a country and one of the most innovative brand in techs, you should go on amazon.com and see if there some bad feedback.

Samsung is known since long time to put low quality components in their monitors and especially tv to make them die sooner.

Dell is known to do more factory check (avoid dead pixels, etc..) and Asus is not known to make cheap products like you want.

Personally for this price I would question myself twice if I want to take that risk. Viewsonic and other brands exist too. But if you like the design for your space go for it.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:21 AM, irrelevancyhack said:

... This one is an IPS so it's a good bet if you want to watch movies sometimes

This one is actually a PLS. Although it is Samsung's version of IPS indeed.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:21 AM, irrelevancyhack said:

Personally for this price I would question myself twice if I want to take that risk.

Yup, I'm skeptical about the pricing too. Kind of why I'm going to forums like this ;)