Sony VPL-HW15 (2009) No Signal at 60hz through HDMI

I recently purchased an old Sony Bravia VPL-HW15 Cinema Projector from a friend's boss, and it works beautifully with my MacBook and any console I throw at it,
but when I connect it to my GTX 980 Ti in my PC either via HDMI or Displayport with an HDMI adapter, it shows no signal when I put the refresh rate above 30 Hz Interlaced.

No matter what resolution it's put to (even 800x600) it refuses to do 60Hz via HDMI, I would try a different connector but this projector is so old that the only decent port it has is HDMI.

It works fine at 60Hz via HDMI on everything else I've tried it with including two 2015 MacBook Pros both 13" and 15" and a Wii U.

I have run completely out of ideas to fix this, if anyone could help that would be awesome.

♥♥♥

Edit: I have also tried different HDMI cables to no avail.

I have disabled all advanced colour stuff like RCP and Wide Color, still doesnt work. All colour settings like PAL, NTSC3.58, etc... dont affect anything and there's not a setting I can change (to my knowledge) to make it YUV instead of RGB.

I did have a thought about HDMI 2.0 maybe being the culprit. All other devices I've tried it on don't appear to have HDMI 2.0 capabilities so at this point I don't know.