Anyone RMA Rog PG279Q?

Danoniero

Hey guys I have a question

Did anyone here owned Asus Rog pg279q and had problem with it and RMA it?

I'm asking becouse my panel is near perfection but it have annoying dead pixel near the center of the screen, while it bothers me when doing general stuff on pc i don't notice it in games so it's not end of the world.

I already know I can RMA it and get refurbished one as a replacement.

I know buying brand new from the store is like lottery couse QA is terrible but what are the chances of getting bad panel through Asus replacement? Do they check display before shipping? Anyone experienced can tell?

I would be really mad if they send me bad panel with even more pixels or unacceptable bleeding/glow.

I'm on the edge here.

They have a policy listed here: https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/HelpDesk_Warranty/ (near the bottom)

Within 12 months 0 bright dots are acceptable and <=5 dark dots. After that within 3 years they allow <= 3 bright dots and <= dark dots. I don't know how old your screen is, but you might need to find a couple more before you can send it in.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

I don't think you understood or read my post carefully.

I already spoken with Asus and I can RMA it.

What I'm asking is what are the chances of getting bad display again if they sent me a refurbished unit.

My screen is less than a week old

33 minutes ago, Danoniero said:

What I'm asking is what are the chances of getting bad display again if they sent me a refurbished unit.

What does it matter? If they send you another shit one you can RMA it again.

I used Asus' RMA for a monitor once and it was perfect, don't know if yours will be the same but when I did it they did an advanced RMA, courier showed up to the door with a new monitor, handed him the old one, was good to go with no downtime. You don't really have a lot to lose in a situation like that by RMAing it.

Yeah maybe your right I'm just overthinking lol.

Hope they won't charge me for shipping, I will post an update once I sort it out

1 hour ago, Danoniero said:

Ah, it wasn't clear in your post that you had actually spoken to Asus already.  In that case you can always try and if it's worse RMA it again :P (I know that it's not ideal, but eh).

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB