Gtx 1060 or r9 290x for zcash??!!

Alright im looking to add a card to my mining rig and this is what i found. A gtx 1060 3gb for $180. An r9 290x for $200 and an r9 280 flr $125. I also found someone selling 2 radeon hd 7990’s for a very negotiable $500 and i can just buy one card. What should i go for? Thanks!

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

Who pays for power? You or your parents?

If you pay for power, go for the GTX 1060. If you don't pay for power, get the 7990s.

I pay for power but green energy is always a plus. Power isnt really a consideration. Are the 7990’s essentially 2 r9 280’s? I cant find a lot of info on their hash rate on zcash. 

2 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Power is absolutely a consideration if the goal is to make a profit. If you are just mining for fun however that's a different story.  

A radeon HD 7990 is two HD 7970s combined on the same PCB. Yeah they're basically two R9 280s. 

The reason its not a consideration is because power is dirt cheap. My current mining rig only costs a couple dollars a year to run. Like a couple thats it.

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Is it worth it though?

?

3 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Why is it like 2 bucks where do you live? Do you have solar panels installed or something? power here is 12c per kwh.

Again to answer your question, I think you should get the HD 7990s, but I would only pay $200 per card at best. 

Ok so shoot for $200 a card. If I get a no. Go with the 1060? The 1060 has the worst roi out of them all before power costs. The r9 280 is 80 days and the 1060 is like 110 or something like that. I dont remember what the 7990’s were but if they are 2 r9 280’s then it must be good.

3 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

U speak english right?

Is it still worth mining zcash?

Ya lol but i didnt know what you were referring too. It depends on your hardware whether its more profitable to mine zcash or something like etherium or a different coin. 

3 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Then go with the R9 280, you will break even sooner...

Also how is power so cheap for you?

No it was a question lol. Sorry. Why are 1060’s so popular if their roi is longer than a lot of older cards? Hydroelectric power boii xD. Theres a dam pretty dang close to our house. 

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

They aqre popular because at the time, they were in stock. All the RX 500 series cards were bought out at the time, so nobody could buy them. 

Ah that makes sense. Thank you so much for your help!