i7 4790k Very bad temps...

Okay just installed My new Cooler.. i managed to fuck up radiators a bit.. will upload photo soon not home right now but i grabbed internet access so let's post a thread about it..

Cooler, Alpha cool 280 Ebarn

CPU, I7 4790k Overclocked 4.6 - v1.260

Okay didn't manage to test it in any games... but i get this temps when Idle around 37-55-63C On idle goes for like 15 seconds 40-41, after 15 Seconds 44-45C, some times goes up to 58C..some times...

but when watching Youtube videos it can hit 63C is that freaking normal? downloading BF4 Premium when i get home.. i will do some testing with gaming, but idle and youtube temps not good right? will my CPU life span go to shit ? xD

Thanks!!

https://imgur.com/bmK2l4H

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Did you apply new thermal paste with your cooler?

yep

Well 63C isn't normal, unless the house is very warm right now.  It doesn't sound like the cooler is mounted properly.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

9 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Well 63C isn't normal, unless the house is very warm right now.  It doesn't sound like the cooler is mounted properly.

but i think it is.. i checked twice so that means i have put new thermal paste twice now in last 30 seconds max that it hit was 53C and it was circling around 39-44 and boom out of nowwhere 53

Just for reference my house is 69 degrees Fahrenheit, currently transcoding a Blu-ray @ 100% cpu utilization

DF20DC64-2327-43AE-8A9A-8F5AE92AE724.png

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.

The short answer is no, those are not normal temps, but they are nothing to be (yet) worried about, if they are indeed idle temps. You sure there weren't any windows processes hidden in the background? 

And one more question, how much paste did you use? Using too much can cause increased temps as well. If you have some left, you can try installing the radiator again. 

What were your old temps? Ever thought about delidding?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.