cryptocurrency mining

Hello, i recently started to look at cryptocurrency mining and id really like to get into it . Do you guys have some advices on it for exepmple which miner is the most efficient and where and how to buy them?

iv been digging around about this for the last couple of weeks and the best i can come up with is that the ship for hobby miners may have sailed off. Im currently looking at just investing in crypto like you would a normal stock. i think im going to forgo the mining aspect.

2 1080tis and one 1060 6gb going 24/7 will get you about almost 1 Zcash per month which are currently worth $260.  If you factor in power you would only profit about 150 of that.  It would take a LONG time to pay the rig off at that rate.

Investing and waiting for the coins to go up in value is a better way to do things these days, but if you want to build and tinker with a rig then there are ways to make SOME money, just not a lot.

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

2 1080tis and one 1060 6gb going 24/7 will get you about almost 1 Zcash per month which are currently worth $260.  If you factor in power you would only profit about 150 of that.  It would take a LONG time to pay the rig off at that rate.

Investing and waiting for the coins to go up in value is a better way to do things these days, but if you want to build and tinker with a rig then there are ways to make SOME money, just not a lot.

ok and what about actual miners not video cards???

14 minutes ago, La Jake said:

Hello, i recently started to look at cryptocurrency mining and id really like to get into it . Do you guys have some advices on it for exepmple which miner is the most efficient and where and how to buy them?

Do your own research about the current state of cryptocurrency. There are THOUSANDS of alt-coins out there. There is no such thing as a sure bet. It's very easy to find yourself spinning your wheels and loosing out big time if you don't have a strategy.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Mine ETH,

use a hybrid program to mine it with.

Don't just mine any ALT coin like previous suggestion. DO research, pick one that's headquartered in Switzerland's Crypto Valley. 

ASIC mining options may or may not help anymore, do lots of research.

My mining journey

Just now, La Jake said:

ok and what about actual miners not video cards???

You mean like these?

https://www.bitcoinmining.com/bitcoin-mining-hardware/

I don't have any experience with them personally, but from my understanding they use a lot of power and are LOUD.  Like, you would need to put them in a garage or somewhere you are not.

As for ASICs, the S9 really is your only option right now. and you had better have some REALLY skookum power available (220v minimum) to power each and every one of them.

These things draw a metric shit ton of power. 

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic