more RAM... why?

Mr_Mz
4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

A lot of steam users have terrible hardware on their non gaming computers and frankly the hardware survey is deeply flawed.

i think it's more likely that people like you get so far out from reality that think that many people have custom looped watercooled i7 8700k and 1080ti's is SLI to play in 4K.

nevertheless the point i made stands, most of steam users aren't poor, they just don't need more than 8Gb.

4 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i think it's more likely that people like you get so far out from reality that think that many people have custom looped watercooled i7 8700k and 1080ti's is SLI to play in 4K.

You're insulting my intelligence and I don't like it.

I know most people don't have that kind of hardware. You're basically calling me stupid without actually typing those words because you're afraid of the repercussions of doing so.

4 minutes ago, asus killer said:

nevertheless the point i made stands, most of steam users aren't poor, they just don't need more than 8Gb.

A lot of them are not super rich. They have limited cashflow and/or budget.

As I will say again and again, the Steam Hardware survey isn't the most accurate because a lot of users install steam on devices they might not necessarily use for gaming.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

For absolute high end gaming at 1440p or 4K, then 16GB is the average from my experience, some do have 32GB, but not as many than those with 16GB. Considering the amount that the person would have spend in total on a rig, 16GB probably isn't going to break their bank.

However, for 1080p gamers, which is still the majority in my opinion, 16GB is overkill, most are still on 8GB...which is adequate for their needs. 

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

This argument about RAM amuses me. There are no significant performance differences (while gaming) between 8gb and 16gb or even 32gb of RAM. I will agree that 8gb is really pushing it as far as trying to do any kind of workstation work but, if you're building a legitimate workstation you will have the budget to get at LEAST 32gb of RAM if not more. My current build only has 8gb RAM and I can still play games, listen to spotify, encode hifi audio and, have RAM to spare. But if you want to do real work and multitasking you are going to need more RAM. It's all about what you intend to do with the system and what your budget is. 

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

You're insulting my intelligence and I don't like it.

I know most people don't have that kind of hardware. You're basically calling me stupid without actually typing those words because you're afraid of the repercussions of doing so.

A lot of them are not super rich. They have limited cashflow and/or budget.

As I will say again and again, the Steam Hardware survey isn't the most accurate because a lot of users install steam on devices they might not necessarily use for gaming.

dude chill out. It was not calling you stupid, just completely out of most gamers reality, absorbed probably in your world, it's easy to think that everyone games in high end rigs watching LTT but that is not the case, most best price performances build tips videos by youtubers have insane watch numbers.

I still don't believe that 2/3 of steam users are poor, that that's the reason they have 8Gb or less. they just don't go for more because they don't fell the need to. that's been my point since my 1st reply to your post and fell free to disagree.

The same can be said if you look to the most used videocards, there it's even more obvious what i'm saying. 1080ti don't even brake 1%, and 1070 barely does it.

52 minutes ago, asus killer said:

dude chill out. It was not calling you stupid, just completely out of most gamers reality, absorbed probably in your world, it's easy to think that everyone games in high end rigs watching LTT but that is not the case, most best price performances build tips videos by youtubers have insane watch numbers.

I still don't believe that 2/3 of steam users are poor, that that's the reason they have 8Gb or less. they just don't go for more because they don't fell the need to. that's been my point since my 1st reply to your post and fell free to disagree.

The same can be said if you look to the most used videocards, there it's even more obvious what i'm saying. 1080ti don't even brake 1%, and 1070 barely does it.

I have far from the best system ever.

I am well aware that many do not play on high end rigs. My rig is not what others would consider high end.  You still are treating me like I'm stupid. I'm well aware of everything you mentioned.

I'm done with this conversation and I'll ask a mod to lock the thread since it's clearly going nowhere.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

• 2 months later...