Best smartwatch for me?

Keudn

With my Pebble Steel finally giving up the ghost I am looking to find myself a new watch. I really like the Samsung Gear S3, specifically I love the altitude and barometer readings and the fact that I can pay at any normal cardswipe location instead of only at google pay enabled places. There are a couple things that make me hesitant to buy it though, the fact that it doesn't run Android Wear, and that it doesn't appear to support google maps navigation. Does it support a lot of android apps or will I be stuck mainly with the apps it has already plus a handful that I can get from samsung? I don't have a samsung phone, is that going to affect using the watch? Is there a way to get it to support google maps? Is there a better watch that does everything the S3 does but with Android Wear?

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

i can't even see the point of any smart watch, why not just use a phone? it does everything a smart watch does but better lol

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

1 minute ago, Armakar said:

i can't even see the point of any smart watch, why not just use a phone? it does everything a smart watch does but better lol

Not to be rude, but im not asking whether or not I should get a watch, im asking which one I should get. Even if you don't see a purpose for them other people do

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

2 minutes ago, Armakar said:

The same way a laptop and landline can do anything a phone can do. 

Having a small handicapped phone on your wrist is surprisingly nice, once you get used to it. 

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

The same way a laptop and landline can do anything a phone can do. 

Having a small handicapped phone on your wrist is surprisingly nice, once you get used to it. 

Yeah, a large laptop with generally bad battery life (worse than a smartphone) and a large phone with a fixed radius does just what a smartphone does..

10/10 comparison 

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

Just now, Armakar said:

Yeah, a large laptop with generally bad battery life (worse than a smartphone) and a large phone with a fixed radius does just what a smartphone does..

10/10 comparison 

Yes, a large smartphone that generally has to be recharged more often than a smartwatch, and that is in your pocket or bag instead of on your wrist. 

:)

5 hours ago, Keudn said:

With my Pebble Steel finally giving up the ghost I am looking to find myself a new watch. I really like the Samsung Gear S3, specifically I love the altitude and barometer readings and the fact that I can pay at any normal cardswipe location instead of only at google pay enabled places. There are a couple things that make me hesitant to buy it though, the fact that it doesn't run Android Wear, and that it doesn't appear to support google maps navigation. Does it support a lot of android apps or will I be stuck mainly with the apps it has already plus a handful that I can get from samsung? I don't have a samsung phone, is that going to affect using the watch? Is there a way to get it to support google maps? Is there a better watch that does everything the S3 does but with Android Wear?

Go and watch, Mr mobile reviews, there are lots of it, ask Edzel on twitter/forum he used lot of smart watches. (I am not promoting another YouTube channel, any ways he covers different things than this channels)