GTX 780 Build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y37LzM

Last night my parts came in (GTX 760, more ram) And the preformence jump is insane, I originally could not play For Honor at all, it hit like 40 fps with drops, now I can play on 1440p high settings no problem. Doom Runs Maxed Out, Rainbow six Seige runs at high settings 90fps, Fallout 4 runs high settings 60-70 fps. This is all on 1080p, I used to play 720p but Now I don't have to! I love PC Gaming So Much with all these cheap upgrades that make my PC last longer. I will be upgrading my CPU/MOBO/RAM next year. I can finally buy games like prey, Assassins Creed.

Excellent build! It makes me happy to see people running older cards like the 700-series, I feel like they're too underrated with everything new coming out.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I gave my brother my Evga GTX 760 4GB card when I made the mistake of buying the reference GTX 970. He and I play Destiny 2. I play at 1440p and him at 1080p. Its been a great card.

Just now, ThorThe1 said:

I gave my brother my Evga GTX 760 4GB card when I made the mistake of buying the reference GTX 970. He and I play Destiny 2. I play at 1440p and him at 1080p. Its been a great card.

I can't wait to get Destiny 2, How is it so far to you? What class?

Eyy, good choice on the 860.  Oc to 3.6+ for a noice performance bump

currently running mi 3.7, it’s a great pal with my 290x

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

Eyy, good choice on the 860.  Oc to 3.6+ for a noice performance bump

currently running mi 3.7, it’s a great pal with my 290x

What CPU cooler would you recommend? I currently have just the stock cooler

He bought me the game for my B-day, so I didn't pay for it. so for a technically free game it's been running great. this game was made to run very well on different systems. 

Here is an interview about how the game is made to properly scale. so everything should look the same from 480p to 4k. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-destiny-2-tech-interview

1 minute ago, I7-860 said:

What CPU cooler would you recommend? I currently have just the stock cooler

Custom loop? :P that’s what I’m running but an NH-D15 is my suggestion for non cuatom

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, ThorThe1 said:

He bought me the game for my B-day, so I didn't pay for it. so for a technically free game it's been running great. this game was made to run very well on different systems. 

Here is an interview about how the game is made to properly scale. so everything should look the same from 480p to 4k. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-destiny-2-tech-interview

I heard its optimized really well, The Beta surpisinlgy ran on my GTX 460, Granted it was on complete low, But it did hit 60fps

13 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Excellent build! It makes me happy to see people running older cards like the 700-series, I feel like they're too underrated with everything new coming out.

Oh please... been trying to convince my boyfriend to move on from his GTX 770 and he's just like "it's fine enough still" damn these console minded people! xD

Honestly though given how so much more efficient the newest Pascal cards I'd still try purchasing a GTX 1060 3gb above any Kepler or Fermi card... but as far this build goes it is all fine as is.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I like the game, but for PC, it lacks in the social aspect. I play by my self a lot. Mainly because one of my brothers, and most friend play on xbox or PS4. My two other brothers play PC, but he works a lot and doesn't have much time, and the other one hasn't bought a gpu yet because of his buget. Bungie disabled a lot of social communication on DS2 because they thing PC players are toxic. You have to enable whispering on your account and the people you whisper have to have it enabled too in order to talk to strangers. You have to be in a group (in a fire team or friend on Bnet) to talk to people. There is no opt-in for playing with social chat when in a 4v4 game.

5 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Custom loop? :P that’s what I’m running but an NH-D15 is my suggestion for non cuatom

I don't trust myself with a custom loop yet haha, I will be getting the Mastercase Pro 5 in a month or so, So I think i might end up getting that Noctua coole, Looks gigatic haha. My case right not is really cheap and needs to be upgraded first before I but in that beauty :)

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Oh please... been trying to convince my boyfriend to move on from his GTX 770 and he's just like "it's fine enough still" damn these console minded people! xD

Honestly though given how so much more efficient the newest Pascal cards I'd still try purchasing a GTX 1060 3gb above any Kepler or Fermi card... but as far this build goes it is all fine as is.

haha, the old cards still preform amazing though, I am going to keep mine for a while, It is amazing compared to my PS4 in terms of preformence. Ya, Originally the 1060 6gb was going to be my purchase but then I had to used my check on the vet, SO I found a really good deal on ebay and I took it, The card came in like brand new condition or only 119$

If you are looking at price point and don't care about sound, there isn't any point for a closed loop system. If I had the money, and time. . . oh boy would I get one. lol

1 minute ago, ThorThe1 said:

I like the game, but for PC, it lacks in the social aspect. I play by my self a lot. Mainly because one of my brothers, and most friend play on xbox or PS4. My two other brothers play PC, but he works a lot and doesn't have much time, and the other one hasn't bought a gpu yet because of his buget. Bungie disabled a lot of social communication on DS2 because they thing PC players are toxic. You have to enable whispering on your account and the people you whisper have to have it enabled too in order to talk to strangers. You have to be in a group (in a fire team or friend on Bnet) to talk to people. There is no opt-in for playing with social chat when in a 4v4 game.

Insert other media

Damn, I haven't played much of D2, I played the shit out of the D1 up until the last two DLC. I pre-ordered the game after playing the beta in 2014, And being social is the whole damn game lol, I didn't know they did all that damn, I also found D2 from what I played really easy, like exotics drop fast

Just now, I7-860 said:

119$

Certainly better than console experience even if you turn it into a console connecting to the TV + gamepad xD

The pricing was excellent, I am all for second hand deals myself I actually got my 1080 Ti from this now closed rendering office that was on the same floor of my work building, paid only 580 dollars on a literally 1 month used FE 1080 Ti by EVGA with full warranty by them yet... totally scored! :3

I really hope you can enjoy some quality game time now, cheers!

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I personally wouldn't get a 3gb 1060, I would spend the extra for a 6gb one. I personally feel like 4GB is the lowest amount of GDDR5 a gpu should have if its a newer card.

16 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

To be honest, I won't need an upgrade from a 780 for quite a while, the games I play don't even take full advantage of its power haha. Although that does mean I can play Minecraft with higher video settings and Shaders at a solid 60fps...

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

To be honest, I won't need an upgrade from a 780 for quite a while, the games I play don't even take full advantage of its power haha. Although that does mean I can play Minecraft with higher video settings and Shaders at a solid 60fps...

haha, I haven't played minecraft since 2011, I seen there is so much more stuff from then, I played on a intel core 2 duo e6550 and I think it was 2gb ram with integrated graphics lol, it ran terrbily for me, but I played it everyday from 2010-11. I miss those days!

Just now, I7-860 said:

haha, I haven't played minecraft since 2011, I seen there is so much more stuff from then, I played on a intel core 2 duo e6550 and I think it was 2gb ram with integrated graphics lol, it ran terrbily for me, but I played it everyday from 2010-11. I miss those days!

Hahaha, I've got a Core i5-2430M, 8Gb ram, and a GT 540M. Before that, it was a Core i3-330M, 4Gb ram, and iGPU. It's one of my favorite games actually, I like the open world and the voxel graphics.

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Hahaha, I've got a Core i5-2430M, 8Gb ram, and a GT 540M. Before that, it was a Core i3-330M, 4Gb ram, and iGPU. It's one of my favorite games actually, I like the open world and the voxel graphics.

I loved exploring when I played, Mining coal and hoping for iron lol to make a bucket!

Just now, I7-860 said:

I loved exploring when I played, Mining coal and hoping for iron lol to make a bucket!

I've spent hours exploring my friends server, I just hope I don't get hit with a warning from him saying that I'm making the world too big haha.

I stopped playing because I got bored. I never played with mods or anything. I still have to convert my PC account into a Mojang account to download it. lol