good mobo to over clock 4790k/4770k

Go to solution Solved by SwingLifeAway92,
Just now, onemanarmy720 said:

might just get this 4770 i found near me for $100 and save up the next year or so and get something new. lol i dont know tho

Yeah that's a good deal sure you can't overclock but the perf gains of overclocking on haswell weren't great to start with and getting those extra threads for 100 (minus what you can sell current cpu for) is more than worth that compromise 

2 minutes ago, onemanarmy720 said:

will it work on my current board?

Yeah it should work just fine

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

Just now, SwingLifeAway92 said:

Yeah it should work just fine

thanks, will it mess with my windows? or just plug it in and good to go?

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

1 minute ago, onemanarmy720 said:

thanks, will it mess with my windows? or just plug it in and good to go?

A new CPU shouldn't have any effects on your windows install.

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.

Just now, TARS said:

A new CPU shouldn't have any effects on your windows install.

okay thanks, just the mobo then? back when i had windows 8 i upgraded my amd systems mobo and cpu and my windows got all fucked up.

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

3 minutes ago, onemanarmy720 said:

okay thanks, just the mobo then? back when i had windows 8 i upgraded my amd systems mobo and cpu and my windows got all fucked up.

It's hard to predict motherboard/OS conflicts, I have good & bad luck migrating... When I have had luck it was due to sticking with the same motherboard manufacturer.

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.