Dell QuietKey Issues

I recently found an old Dell QuietKey at the local recycling center. It was terribly dirty, so I took it apart and washed the plastic parts, including the rubber domes. My first time putting it back together, I had issues regarding the rubber domes being out of place, making some of the keys stick completely and therefore were rendered useless. After fixing that, I have come across an issue that I cannot solve. I elevated the keyboard so that they would not push up and prevent the keys from sliding down. However, now some of the keys have become very stiff and require more effort to go down. I washed the rubber domes (beforehand, during the initial wash) with soap and water, would that have made them too dry or something? Please help, I do not want to have to buy the keyboard.

I fixed it. If anyone sees this and has the same issue, I was able to solve it by taking the keys off and applying a small amount of industrial lubricant with a paint brush. I am typing on it now, and it works like a charm.