Is 22 seconds a good boot time for a SSD

partal

I have a Kingston SSDNow v300 480GB and it takes 22 seconds from pressing the button to getting in desktop , is that long or is it normal ssd boot time , how do i make it faster ?

I saw a "show full time bios logo" in my bios and it is enabled , what will happen if i disable it ?

You can't really start counting until you get the Windows logo otherwise you're counting things you have little or no control over and certainly aren't affected by your SSD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Seems a little slow, do a Crtl + Alt + Delete and turn off some startup programs. (I disable pretty much anything with high impact except steam)

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You can't really start counting until you get the Windows logo otherwise you're counting things you have little or no control over and certainly aren't affected by your SSD

Show full screen logo doesn't affect speed?

Just now, partal said:

Show full screen logo doesn't affect speed?

I don't know what it does.  What I mean is by timing from hitting the button, you are including things like the time to do POST, etc. which have nothing to do with your SSD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't know what it does.  What I mean is by timing from hitting the button, you are including things like the time to do POST, etc. which have nothing to do with your SSD

It takes 21 seconds from pressing the buttons , 16 seconds to get to windows logo , and 5 seconds to load windows and get to desktop

1 minute ago, partal said:

It takes 21 seconds from pressing the buttons , 16 seconds to get to windows logo , and 5 seconds to load windows and get to desktop

ok so really your boot takes 5 seconds, which is pretty fast.  Nothing really to improve on there imo

I have a stopwatch here on my phone , my motherboard is p8h67m-lx 

This is what i was asking if should be enabled?

image.png

18 minutes ago, partal said:

Anything here that should be changed ?

You've cropped off the left half of the screen so we have no idea what those settings are, and thus no way to know if they should be on or off

it's normal boot time with ssd... 

5secs is pretty fast no need to worry more. you are all good to go ?