LG 65W7V users [including LMG], does the backplate of the TV help with any bending caused by imperfections of the wall?

Hello, i have my LG 65W7V oled in the cellar and i am waiting to install it.

The wall is not perfect, it isnt 100% straight. The backplate is pretty bendy and thin, are there any issues when tightening down the plate? I mean, when you tighten the screw down, doesn't the backplate bend significantly and therefore make the screen wavy or bent?

Thanks a lot.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

If I spent that kind of money on a tv I would invest in flattening out the wall.聽

Try that on 25cm thick brick wall.

5 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Try that on 25cm thick brick wall.

I mean I cant say I know how to help you but your talking about mounting an almost 5 digit TV held on by magnets. No only would I be worried about the panel coming lose but also if its not flat what will the heat do to the shape over time.聽

4 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I mean I cant say I know how to help you but your talking about mounting an almost 5 digit TV held on by magnets. No only would I be worried about the panel coming lose but also if its not flat what will the heat do to the shape over time.聽

Yeah, that is my concern. I wanted to get a 10mm thick very flat and straight wooden board and mount the TV through the board, so it would be 100% flat. Do you think its a good solution?

6 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Yeah, that is my concern. I wanted to get a 10mm thick very flat and straight wooden board and mount the TV through the board, so it would be 100% flat. Do you think its a good solution?

That what I would do for sure. Just trying to make it look pretty would be the hard part!