Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good pc?

chosen
 Share

less ram more gpu

Main rig                             I also got some cheep lg phone and a chromebook, witch I have been known to mine bitcoin on sometimes

CPU: R5 2400g                        

RAM: 8gb ram

MOBO: msi b350 pc mate 

CASE: Eclipse p300

PSU: 500w corsair

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

its an okay build. First off, only get 16gb of dual channel ram. Make sure you get a 1060. And buy a windows 10 key on kinguin for 25 bucks. that will cut costs. and a 1060 + R5 1600 is gg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, TechMan2175 said:

less ram more gpu

keep the corsair ram not the Gskill one

 

and you're probbaly better of buying intel for gaming

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

keep the corsair ram not the Gskill one

 

and you're probbaly better of buying intel for gaming

nah ryzen has finally gotten update and support for gaming. + 6 cores and 12 threads is nice

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Aidanlockett1 said:

nah ryzen has finally gotten update and support for gaming. + 6 cores and 12 threads is nice

it has always had support for gaming they just had to tweek the hyperthreading usage (the games that is). but it's slower (significantly)  and the extra threads won't help with that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, SquintyG33Rs said:

it has always had support for gaming they just had to tweek the hyperthreading usage (the games that is). but it's slower (significantly)  and the extra threads won't help with that

games are begining to utilize more cores and threads. so down the line 6 cores and 12 threads @ 3.5 to maybe 4 ghz (if ur lucky) is very good value

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget the RGB memory, get an SSD and a GTX 1070 and buy Windows from Kinguin.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($193.67 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($70.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($122.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Green 120GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($56.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($409.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Windows 10 Home 64-bit ($30.00)
Total: $1068.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-05 21:55 EST-0500

 

Standby for a cheaper option.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro (SM2262EN), 512GB SKHynix PC401 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

 

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401 NVMe, 4TB Seagate IronWolf, 128GB Samsung NVMe, 1.2TB ioDrive2 PCIe SSD | GPU: MSI GeForce 210 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Spire | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | PSU: NZXT C 750W (Gold)

 

Tribute: CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 | Motherboard: eMachines DA061L-3D | Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Toshiba X300 | GPU: EVGA 8400 GS 1GB | Cooling: Stock | Case: eMachines EL1352 | PSU: Delta 220W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, TheSLSAMG said:

Forget the RGB memory, get an SSD and a GTX 1070 and buy Windows from Kinguin.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($193.67 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($70.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($122.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Green 120GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($56.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($409.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Windows 10 Home 64-bit ($30.00)
Total: $1068.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-05 21:55 EST-0500

budget is 800-900

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also want to stick with a red/black theme and I would rather have the rgb memory

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chosen said:

I also want to stick with a red/black theme and I would rather have the rhb memory

Honestly, RGB RAM is a huge waste of money and a gimmick. You can save $70 by not going with it and put that into a better GPU, and that will serve you way better than a bunch of flashing LEDs.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($193.67 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($70.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($122.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($52.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($259.88 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide SPEC-04 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Windows 10 Home 64-bit ($30.00)
Total: $889.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-05 21:59 EST-0500

 

Build this and get an RGB LED strip for $10 on Amazon. The motherboard has a header that is compatible with 5050 RGB LED strips, and you can download a piece of software that will let you control them. If you really want that RGB RAM, you're going to have to either cut the SSD and make your system feel sluggish or cut down the GPU and decrease framerates significantly. 

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro (SM2262EN), 512GB SKHynix PC401 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

 

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401 NVMe, 4TB Seagate IronWolf, 128GB Samsung NVMe, 1.2TB ioDrive2 PCIe SSD | GPU: MSI GeForce 210 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Spire | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | PSU: NZXT C 750W (Gold)

 

Tribute: CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 | Motherboard: eMachines DA061L-3D | Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Toshiba X300 | GPU: EVGA 8400 GS 1GB | Cooling: Stock | Case: eMachines EL1352 | PSU: Delta 220W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Aidanlockett1 said:

games are begining to utilize more cores and threads. so down the line 6 cores and 12 threads @ 3.5 to maybe 4 ghz (if ur lucky) is very good value

you're on a gigabyte b350 board with a evga bronze PSU you're not hitting 4GHz..... maybe 3.9 with max safe voltage at best. i know this because i own multiple Ryzen machines..... i'm suggesting intel in your interest because you want to game on this machine primarily. games are starting to use more threads true. intel new line has more threads now. you're going to wait 20 years for games to use 12 threads on your 1600? because it's been 10 years since quad cores have been on the market and they've only come to be ustilised in the last 2 years............ the only argument for ryzen is upgradability in the next 3 years. meanwhile it has weird restrictions on RAM that you didn't know about and you're unlikely to get a good OC out of it with your setup. (read impossible)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

budget is 800-900

The OP's original build was $1100 and I didn't see the $800-$900 budget requirement until it was too late.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro (SM2262EN), 512GB SKHynix PC401 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

 

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401 NVMe, 4TB Seagate IronWolf, 128GB Samsung NVMe, 1.2TB ioDrive2 PCIe SSD | GPU: MSI GeForce 210 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Spire | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | PSU: NZXT C 750W (Gold)

 

Tribute: CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 | Motherboard: eMachines DA061L-3D | Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Toshiba X300 | GPU: EVGA 8400 GS 1GB | Cooling: Stock | Case: eMachines EL1352 | PSU: Delta 220W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($193.67 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($122.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($259.88 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 3.1 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($43.98 @ Newegg) 
Other: Windows 10 Home 64-bit ($30.00)
Total: $863.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-05 22:04 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

you're on a gigabyte b350 board with a evga bronze PSU you're not hitting 4GHz..... maybe 3.9 with max safe voltage at best. i know this because i own multiple Ryzen machines..... i'm suggesting intel in your interest because you want to game on this machine primarily. games are starting to use more threads true. intel new line has more threads now. you're going to wait 20 years for games to use 12 threads on your 1600? because it's been 10 years since quad cores have been on the market and they've only come to be ustilised in the last 2 years............ the only argument for ryzen is upgradability in the next 3 years. meanwhile it has weird restrictions on RAM that you didn't know about and you're unlikely to get a good OC out of it with your setup. (read impossible)

The restrictions on RAM are less due to actual kit compatibility and more because of rated speeds. Most DDR4 will run fine, but only some will run at the rated speeds. I have a Ryzen 5 1600X system with an MSI B350 board and an EVGA 600B and I'm hitting 4GHz within safe max voltage with no stability issues. The VRMs get reasonable airflow and stay cool, and the system hasn't given up on me in the near 2 months that I've had it.

 

The Intel suggestion isn't a bad one though.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($128.49 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 TOMAHAWK ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($140.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($122.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($52.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.78 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($259.88 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Corsair - Carbide SPEC-04 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Windows 10 Home 64-bit ($30.00)
Total: $894.09
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-05 22:05 EST-0500

 

This system has the same 5050 RGB header, but you will be able to upgrade to a higher end chip. Gaming performance will also be better in titles that are more single-threaded. You can cut a bit off in price by going for a semi or non-modular PSU and getting a slightly cheaper case.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro (SM2262EN), 512GB SKHynix PC401 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

 

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401 NVMe, 4TB Seagate IronWolf, 128GB Samsung NVMe, 1.2TB ioDrive2 PCIe SSD | GPU: MSI GeForce 210 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Spire | Case: NZXT H500 (Black) | PSU: NZXT C 750W (Gold)

 

Tribute: CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 | Motherboard: eMachines DA061L-3D | Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100, 1TB Toshiba X300 | GPU: EVGA 8400 GS 1GB | Cooling: Stock | Case: eMachines EL1352 | PSU: Delta 220W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I already have my Corsair-spec alpha, a 500 watt psu, and a 1tb hdd so I dont want to change those Im going to boot from a flash drive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheSLSAMG said:

The restrictions on RAM are less due to actual kit compatibility and more because of rated speeds. Most DDR4 will run fine, but only some will run at the rated speeds. I have a Ryzen 5 1600X system with an MSI B350 board and an EVGA 600B and I'm hitting 4GHz within safe max voltage with no stability issues. The VRMs get reasonable airflow and stay cool, and the system hasn't given up on me in the near 2 months that I've had it.

yeah it's a cas latency thing. but it matters because the infinity fabric speed is locked to ram speed so if you're not running the ram at 3000 you're losing big performance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try looking for a 1060 a 3gb would work fine or you can try to go for a 580

but the 1050ti hurts bang for buck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, unkn0wn1 said:

Try looking for a 1060 a 3gb would work fine or you can try to go for a 580

but the 1050ti hurts bang for buck

And also try to go for an ssd the hdd will be very slow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×