Windows HDR Really Dull With No Contrast

Steo

Hi. I got myself a Panasonic 50ex700b TV mainly for the new Xbox one x when I get it. I know it isn't the best TV by far but it's pretty decent for what it cost me and I'm not exactly rich. Anyway when I try to turn on HDR in the windows settings I get a really dull picture where it looks like the contrast is turned right down and the brightness is turned right up. I tried it with my ps4 and gt sport and that looks very bright so I was wondering is this just a problem with windows has anyone any idea? I'm new to trying out HDR so don't really know a lot about it yet. The pc looks fine in normal sdr so it's not the TV itself or the cable.

OS: LFS, Arch, Gentoo | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F | RAM: 16GB HyperX @ 3600MHz (OC)

GPU: XFX Thicc III Ultra RX 5700 XT | Case: Fractal Meshify C | Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe, 500GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD, 1TB HDD

PSU: BeQuiet 530W | Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer 240

Make sure settings any not altered

If that does not work try different tv

I have it on 10 bit and 422 and the tv says it's pq hdr. The ps4 is bright though so I'd imagine the tv is ok. I have an LG tv in my sittingroom that I can try it on just in case.

OS: LFS, Arch, Gentoo | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F | RAM: 16GB HyperX @ 3600MHz (OC)

GPU: XFX Thicc III Ultra RX 5700 XT | Case: Fractal Meshify C | Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe, 500GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD, 1TB HDD

PSU: BeQuiet 530W | Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer 240

• 1 month later...

Had this issue myself with a Sony KD-65A1 and a GTX970. Went to Nvidia Control Panel and Adjust Desktop Colour Settings. First thing to do is turn the Hue to 0, you should see a marked difference. I then checked Use Nvidia settings and using various images on a split desktop, tweaked the sliders until I was happy. For me this has worked a charm, hope this helps.