C# data sources, and access

Painey

Using C# in Visual Studio with windows forms, ive been able to link an access database to the data sources tab, but now i dont know how to access that information and assign them to variables. 

2 hours ago, Painey said:

Using C# in Visual Studio with windows forms, ive been able to link an access database to the data sources tab, but now i dont know how to access that information and assign them to variables. 

Could you show the code? Then I might be able to help you.

1 minute ago, Rechdan said:

Could you show the code? Then I might be able to help you.

Thats the thing, i cant figure out how to start it. Ive used the data sources function in Visual studio to import a table, but thats as far as my research led me. i followed https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171893.aspx to get the data tables into the project, but i dont know where to go from there. Sorry i cant paste any code for you to go off. All i need is a way to select the info from a column or row from the imported datatable

14 minutes ago, Painey said:

Thats the thing, i cant figure out how to start it. Ive used the data sources function in Visual studio to import a table, but thats as far as my research led me. i followed https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171893.aspx to get the data tables into the project, but i dont know where to go from there. Sorry i cant paste any code for you to go off. All i need is a way to select the info from a column or row from the imported datatable

I found a tutorial where it shows that you just need to drag and drop the Data Source onto your Windows Form, try that and let me know if it works

8 hours ago, Painey said:

Is there a reason that you are scraping around in legacy technologies? Why can't you use WPF, MVVM and an abstraction layer such as Entity Framework or NHibernate? Moreover Access is really not a great choice either...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.