Good PC Speakers?

Beeeyeee

I've been using the same crappy old speakers for my PC for years. I don't have a dac or amp but I want to get a Schiit set one day cause they look so cool. I want to get a set of speakers that can work with my PC now, and later I can plug into one of those for some increased clarity and such. But I don't know maybe I'll need them all at once.

Anyway I'm in need of new Speakers and I'd love some suggestions! :)  

17 minutes ago, Tars said:

Budget?

23 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

I've been using the same crappy old speakers for my PC for years. I don't have a dac or amp but I want to get a Schiit set one day cause they look so cool. I want to get a set of speakers that can work with my PC now, and later I can plug into one of those for some increased clarity and such. But I don't know maybe I'll need them all at once.

Anyway I'm in need of new Speakers and I'd love some suggestions! :)  

Bose.  I have been using Bose Companion 5 speakers for a LONG time and have never had a problem and wouldn't use any other speakers now that these have been tried and tested over a long period of time.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/computer_speakers.html

20 minutes ago, Tars said:

Budget?

no real budget. I'll save up for whatever. I just wanna know whats best for the money

There is a lot of different ways you can go.

Need to know a little more...

Are there space limits for size of speakers?

Need a lot of bass?

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.

2 minutes ago, Tars said:

There is a lot of different ways you can go.

Need to know a little more...

Are there space limits for size of speakers?

Need a lot of bass?

I have about 6 inches behind my monitors I can keep them. If not im fine to hang them on the wall just above my monitors. 

I'd like a subwoofer. I like I lot of kick in the lows and crispness in the highs. 

11 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Bose.  I have been using Bose Companion 5 speakers for a LONG time and have never had a problem and wouldn't use any other speakers now that these have been tried and tested over a long period of time.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/computer_speakers.html

my problem is how strange they look. can you take them off those stands?

So these are my suggestions:

Price from low to high

Bose Companion series - compact, decent price point, sound pretty good

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 - compact, decent price point, sub, sound really good, mine died in 3 years

Bowers & Wilkins MM1 - compact, the sound the comes out of these is crazy good, directional.

Paradigm Shift series - not as compact, sound crazy good, pretty spendy

Edit: added links

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.

1 hour ago, Beeeyeee said:

my problem is how strange they look. can you take them off those stands?

The Bose Companion 5's include a great subwoofer and it is adjustable as to how much base you like.  As for the stands on the left and right pieces, the stands mount to the speaker with a single screw in the center of the back of the speaker.  I'm sure with a little looking around at the local hardware store you could come up with some sort of mounting bracket if you wanted to mount them to the wall or underneath a shelf of something.  Another thing I like with the Companion 5's is the volume control.  It has a mic and speaker jack in it so instead of plugging my Bose headphones into the PC, just plug them in to the volume control.  If you go Bose, you won't be disappointed.  Good Luck.

Ha! Sounds like you're a Bose salesman. 

Honestly, most computer speakers are pretty good. You just can't go wrong with a cheap set of Logitech speakers. The $30 Logitech Z200 is pretty darn good for the money. 

But the Bose Companion 2 is a nice upgrade for around $100. I only bought those because they're small. But I'm not disappointed. The Mackie CR2 might be better for the price. That's what many sites recommend. 

I don't know what else to recommend to be honest. I haven't tried many speakers.